G-Force What Frame Rate? (1 Viewer)

Krumlov11

Portal Member
September 2, 2006
Sydney
Home Country
Hi Guys,

I am trialling G-Force at the moment. I am a little concerned about the frane rate when it is running inside MP. I have read the FAQ about increasing the frame rate but it appears the Trial Version doesn't have the ability to adjust the vraious parameters needed.

So anybody got any idea how well G-Force will work on an AMD 3800+ (AM2), 1GB, Gigabyte 7300GT? I would rather not waste the $20USD if it isn't going to do around 30fps

Thanks!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do not have a problem with the Visualisations except when running MP will not respond, until the track has stopped playing.
    so i surmise from that, it is so DX9 hungry, it literally takes up all the pc resources.

Apparently above well known, just waiting for a FIX.

Again as rarely used, because of above problem, will not purchase until this is resolved.

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Don't ask me how but G-force seems to have mucked up WMP's ability to play real media files on my machine. Installed it to try it diidn't like it cos of the reasons given by the previous poster uninstalled and realmedia splitter no longer works with wmp. Can't even get a graph in graphedit to see what wmp is up to. Bleugh!

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    i would wait until they redo the music module which i think from memory steve is working on. apparently its got its own vis plugin of sorts and fixes the hang/100 percent cpu usage on fullscreen vis, i'm hanging out for it big time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom