Ongoing GA-EP45-DS4P and Client Recording issues / Problem (1 Viewer)

argypak

Portal Pro
November 21, 2007
Berwick
Home Country
Hi all,

I have this real weird problem which took me 5 days to sort out.
Using Media Portal 1.0 for quite a while now as master / slave setup.

I had a hard disk crash on my server, so I replaced the drive and thought at the same time I'll upgrade the motherboard to include raid.

I purchased a GA-EP45-UD3P and installed a fresh copy of windows xp with all the updates etc.
Everything was working fine except I realised that clients couldn't start recording???

After 5 days of installing and reinstalling, I thought I would try out another machine as the server.
It worked! Motherboard is GA-EP45-DS3L.
The dif between the two boards is the new board has intel and Gigabyte RAID and Dual NICS.

I have upgraded the BIOS
Turned both RAID off
Tried both and either nics

Nothing could get the Recording to start from the client.

My next step is to buy a PCI network card and plug it in. I have a suspicion that even turning of the network card in the BIOS, there is something in the controller that is interfering with PORT 31456 (RemoeControl Port)
It doesn't block the port as I can see activity on the server but it seems to interfere with it.
The server shows that the recording schedule is initiated, but the recording will not start if initiated by the clients.
Just a note that Recordings do work from the server. If I load the Client software on the server it works fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Argy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom