Game Sound via PC speakers & MP multimedia sound via AMP? (1 Viewer)

Nahtimu

November 6, 2011
Home Country
Hi All, I stumbled across MediaPortal few weeks ago and I'm delighted with what I've seen so far.

Before I spend money on converters, cables and apadters I want to know if the following is possible?

I want to watch movies via MP with PC video connected to my 55" and sound connected to my AMP at the same time as my son is playing games on the same PC. My video card supports multi monitor but how do I go about the sound issue? i.e. game sound out from PC speakers and multimedia sound via MediPortal from my Amplifier?

and please be gentle as I'm a newbie :)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can select the audio renderer in MP to be the non-standard audio out (so, select your amp).

It should in my opinion be possible. The issue could be that a demanding game will consume the same resources (Gfx) that MP needs.

Nahtimu

November 6, 2011
    Home Country
    I sincerely apologise for the delay in responding, but i am back on Earth now.

Thanks so much mbuzina. I finally had some time this whole afternoon and yep you were right, it's possible via MP audio renderer option... :)

Now in regards to testing the potential issue you raise regarding Gfx resource consumption, you could be right again as for the first time whilst using the PC the screen had a blackout, then weird visual displays occured, then mouse pointer on black screen with hour glass, then it displayed a message about my video card display error and restarted or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom