Geeks (1 Viewer)

samedney

Portal Member
November 9, 2004
Oxford, UK
After reading many posts recently (in this andother HTPC forums) I have found the number of messages that refer to "the wife" to be hilarious!

Why do you think it is, that all these so called 'grown men' love to fiddle around with their computers / tv / hifi's so they are left with a box and a bunch of wires all over the living room floor?

All much to the frustration of the other half of course, who is certain that the DVD player will suffice?! :D

Its funny reading about all these people in the exact same circumstances as myself.... somehow feeling a need to tweak their hi-tech media system a little bit more!

What a bunch of geeks we are.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    they have a need to tweak their wardrobe constantly,
    we our electronics....

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    samedney said:
    Why do you think it is, that all these so called 'grown men' love to fiddle around with their computers / tv / hifi's so they are left with a box and a bunch of wires all over the living room floor?

I think this is the natural play instinct in everyone of us ;-) Other "grown men" play with modell trains or rc-cars and we have the htpc. But I think it's always good if you listen to the child in you ;-)

Childish greetings,

Maschine

warped6

Portal Member
    Well my Wife is going through a "We have to simplify and get rid of stuff" phase right now. So I said we could replace the whole stereo (and get rid of the big entertainment center and at least one set of big speakers ) with a HTPC. It was kind of funny to watch her struggle with this. Get rid of stuff vs depending on a computer. She wanted the first, didn't want the later. The first won out. :lol:

I'm still not up and running on MP yet. Just using the out of the box ATI MediaCenter for now but MP is next on the list.

A

Anonymous

Ah yes the old WAF/PAF (Wife/Partner Acceptance Factor). This is always a big consideration when building a HTPC.

Guys I really need some support here. My partner had the nerve, after 12 months of fiddling with MCE2005, Fusion card, SPDIF out and mediaportal to ask me " Can we just go back to the Set top box?" I almost :cry: .

I love my projects. I have a HTPC (over hacked ATI component out drivers to get better pciture than S-video) networked to an xbox and a PS2 so I can play over KAI (multiplayer engine kinda like xbox live I suppose) DD/DTS surround sound setup on a HDTV LG Flatron. Everything plugged into a component

Like Waeberd said "The most striking difference between a grown man and a little boy is the price of the toys"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom