General feature questions (1 Viewer)

pfurrie

January 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm researching PVR software, and have some questions for you regarding your product which I'm hoping you can answer?

- H.264 support for playback?
- Cablecard support?
- How long will your system pause live TV? Can it utilize all of the free space on the hard drive for the pause buffer?
- Can multiple servers be ganged together?
- Can a live program being watched be saved after show has begun? (can user skip back to previous point and begin dumping buffer to permanent file?)
- Can it manage rips of DVD movies? If so, can it import previously ripped DVDs (not ripped by your software)?

Thanks

Pat Furrie

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
I'm researching PVR software, and have some questions for you regarding your product which I'm hoping you can answer?

- H.264 support for playback?
- Cablecard support?
- How long will your system pause live TV? Can it utilize all of the free space on the hard drive for the pause buffer?
- Can multiple servers be ganged together?
- Can a live program being watched be saved after show has begun? (can user skip back to previous point and begin dumping buffer to permanent file?)
- Can it manage rips of DVD movies? If so, can it import previously ripped DVDs (not ripped by your software)?

Thanks

Pat Furrie

While I am not a developer of MP I can say:
- h.264, if you have the codec, it will play.
- no idea what cable card is. If it's US cable, then yes it should work.
- you will be able to pause until your timeshift buffer is full. max size is 180 minutes, which would be what, like 60gig of size for HD?
- Multiple servers can in theory be chained, but I think it's quite immature, and you will probably do better in MP2 when it is done.
- I don't know about this, I haven't tried timeshifting and then saving what I already had. I guess it could work, and if it doesn't, that's a great improvement to suggest.
- there is a plugin you can add for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom