General Issues and Questions re: Tvengine3 (1 Viewer)

jako77

Portal Member
July 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, So let me preface this by saying this is my first install of the MediaPortal was kinda waiting for the client server to be implemented so I thought I would give it a try. Generally I am really impressed with the creativity of the group and recognize that the TVengine3 is beta. So I am not expecting anything in terms of stability but my questions are in regards to maybe some issues with setup and not so much the beta.

1. The tvserver latency seems too be really high, from the time I press tv on till the time it shows up as a stream in the tv server is roughly about 20-30seconds and the application tends to hang quite a bit.

The server is a dual pentium 4 3.0 with 1 gig of ram and no other intesnse applications running on it. The only items are (TVSERVER, CLAMwinAV, MSSQLExpress) This is the Windows Home Server, Beta version however the throughput on other streams is very high, For instance if I just stream a video file which it may not even be streaming, And may just serve it, It works great this only appears to hang on the TV and Radio) Of which I can not get or hear any radio. It does find several (23) chanells on the card but thats it.

The card is an ATI TV Wonder 650,

Client is an Amd Anthon 64 x2 Dual Core 5000+ 2.6 with 2 Gig of ram.

So between the client and server, Thir should be enough power to light up a small city. When the tv server hangs, neither the workstation or the server report any higher then normal loads on eith RAM or CPU each register between 20-40% CPU and roughly 150K on memory either one

2. The Recorded Videos, And many of the live flicker, I have tried several decoders they include
Nvidia, MPV, Dscaler, Elecard, cyberlink, nero and internal ffdshow and all with roughly the same degree of consistency.

3. When the EPG data uploads, I notice that it can hang at best 3-5 mins, And many times just crashes out.

Anythoughts would be helpful, I am including my TVserver log files the log generation utility client side gves me an unhandled exception error which is in the zip log files aswell.

I have tried too do this in both XP machines and Vista machine both with roughly the same level of sucess XP was a little better on latency then Vista but very little.

jako77

Portal Member
July 27, 2007
Home Country
Engine3 Issues

The client has a nivida 5200FX video Card, And the SVN used on both the server and client are 2-MediaPortal-svn--08-03-2007--11-13-Rev15417

Thanks for the help.

jako77

Portal Member
July 27, 2007
Home Country
Thanks for the info, I am as with Technec unsure how to accomplish this. I have used TSReader very little I always thought of it as a way to locate Frequency information to manually enter channels in a BDA Driver device. So I am unsure how to accomplish using this in a manner which would appear to be an interpreter or decoder of the MPEG stream, That can pass it off quicker to Mediaportal.

Thanks for your help

Das Hammer

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Das Hoosier State
Home Country
That's what I thought too when I first heard about TSReader in the MediaPortal world. I'm familiar with the application you are referring to as well. I'm a big DVB-S TRUE FTA fan.

However, what I'm referring to is the function in Media Portal which is responsible for writing the transport stream from the server and reading the stream on the client. The TSReader for MediaPortal is included with the current SVN builds and by default is NOT enabled. I've found that it works MUCH better than the default stream handler.

Check out the thread here.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/help_us_testing_new_filter-t24998.html?t=24998&highlight=tsreader

By the way, I take it your client does not have any problems connecting to the server? You did not get the "Connected to TVServer, Could not connect to database" error???

jako77

Portal Member
July 27, 2007
Home Country
Thanks for the info, My Client does connect to the server fine, I did have to tweak with the TCP/IP Settings to disable virtual ports and set the standard 1433 Port as active.

The Native client is a little too finiky about what it will resolve etc. I just bound the loopback and non routable to the port. Its

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom