[Configuration] - General - Volume Settings: No selection of Audio Renderer

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by robii, October 25, 2009.

1. robii

robii Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Summary:

New feature requested: Ability to select Audio Renderer in the General - Volume settings for volume changes and audio output of skin sound effects

Area:
    Selection of Default Audio Renderer in Volume Settings

Description:
    Whereas the Audio Renderer for Videos / DVDs / TV / Music can be selected individually in each of these modules, Volume control and skin sound effects are always going to the Windows default device without ability to select. With changing the Audio Renderer in these modules, Volume Settings is only controlling the Windows default device, so that in case of non Windows default device configured, volume adjustments is controlling a wrong device and not changing the volume for MP.

Moreover, skin sound effects seem always to go to the Windows default sound device, so if one does not run on the Windows default device with MP modules, skin sound effects go to the wrong device.

As changing the default device in Windows will affect all apps, where many apps cannot select another device, it would be nicer if in MP, volume control and skin effects would allow audio renderer selection, so that this can be in line with the audio renderer settings for Videos / DVDs / TV modules

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mrceolla

mrceolla Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I know this is old, but I second this!

I have an app related to my home automation system that I want to use the motherboard's audio device and I want MediaPortal to use HDMI audio. I can manually set the playback device for Music, Videos, and TV but not for MediaPortal's sound effects. It would be nice to have this ability.

Thanks.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!