Genre problems during import (1 Viewer)

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    This is a fantastic plugin. I'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not, so forgive me if it is, but is this only downloading 1 genre per movie? If so, how do I make it download all the genres? And then how do I get it to update the only the genre fields for my collection?

Thanks, great work!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.8

This is a fantastic plugin. I'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not, so forgive me if it is, but is this only downloading 1 genre per movie? If so, how do I make it download all the genres? And then how do I get it to update the only the genre fields for my collection?

Thanks, great work!

No it should download all genres.

But imdb.com constantly changes their website, and the wrong adjustment at the wrong place and I have to fix IMDb+ scraper-script to become compatible again.

But I just re-imported Avatar, and inside MovingPictures config I get the correct: |Action|Adventure|Fantasy|Sci-Fi|

So the other reason is that the skin you are using is only displaying one genre and not all available fields.

Are you running any custom skin?

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.8

Thanks, great work!

No it should download all genres.

But imdb.com constantly changes their website, and the wrong adjustment at the wrong place and I have to fix IMDb+ scraper-script to become compatible again.

But I just re-imported Avatar, and inside MovingPictures config I get the correct: |Action|Adventure|Fantasy|Sci-Fi|

So the other reason is that the skin you are using is only displaying one genre and not all available fields.

Are you running any custom skin?

Thanks for the response. I noticed that the new movies are getting all genres, but the old ones all still have 1 genre. Is there a way to make IMDB+ only update genres so it doesn't have to do a lot of unnecessary work updating all the fields?

Also, for one of my movies "All the President's Men" the title appears as "IMDB - All the President's Men" is there a way to fix this other than by doing it manually?

Thanks, great plugin! I love it!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.9

Thanks for the response. I noticed that the new movies are getting all genres, but the old ones all still have 1 genre. Is there a way to make IMDB+ only update genres so it doesn't have to do a lot of unnecessary work updating all the fields?

Also, for one of my movies "All the President's Men" the title appears as "IMDB - All the President's Men" is there a way to fix this other than by doing it manually?

No unfortunatly you will have to update all fields, for all movies. The only method currently supported is to only update score+votes+certifications, because normally all genres are already correctly imported the very first time. The time it would take me to expand the plugin to support just updating of genres would be more then the time you need to refresh all your movies.

I did put it on the ToDo list for a future enhancement though, but that might be a while before I actually get that in, as other features are more pressing to get fixed and/or implemented first.

For your "IMDb -" prefix problem, make sure that the scraper-script option "Refresh all fields" is Enabled, because otherwise only score+votes+certification is updated on a refresh of the existing movie. Also verify via the "IMDb+ Info" button inside plugin hidden menu that *ALL* your movies are currently assigned to the IMDb+ scraper-script, because it is possible that the movie that got imported wrong was imported with the default imdb.com scraper-script. It's a known issue that the IMDb+ scraper-script sometimes gets pushed back to 2nd position, but we are working on fixing that as well.

I'm excited to try this plugin, but I am confused as to where v3.3.9 is to download!? Via the MP Extensions Installer I can only see v1.3.0.188, and the same via the wiki Downloads - imdbplus - IMDb+ scraper for MediaPortal's MovingPictures plugin - Google Project Hosting

It's early on a Sunday morning - do I need more sleep!?

Nahh, it is partly my fault, I've made a dozen new screenshots to explain the install and usage of everything, but I did not get around to update the wiki yet. But most is already explained in the existing wiki, so the early Sunday part is probably not helping. It's no problem, I go through those moments myself as well, even when I'm wide awake ;)

The reason you do not see the IMDb+ scraper-script v3.3.9 anywhere, is because the IMDb+ plugin v1.3.0.188 is all you need. The IMDb+ plugin will auto-download and auto-install the current IMDb+ scraper script and once you start MediaPortal GUI, then the first time IMDb+ plugin runs, you will see:

MePo.IMDb+.1.png

Which if done today would read v3.3.9 of course (as it is the current version as of this moment).

Then you can open the IMDb+ plugin inside MediaPortal plugins to configure all the scraper-script options, and use the hidden menu to control your existing collection. For example when you install a new scraper-script it only takes effect for new imported movies, so use the "Force IMDb+" button to switch your existing collection over. Switching it over does not mean your existing collection magically got new titles/etc, so you will have to use the "Refresh" method for that.

NOTE: just keep in mind that if this is an existing collection that when you 'refresh' it will normally only update score+votes+certification. So if you want to fix titles, summary or other bad info, be sure to enable the "Refresh all fields" scraper-script option.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some time to update the wiki to explain all this a little easier with pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom