German language file (1 Viewer)

Merlyn

Portal Pro
July 8, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
I've begun the translation to German. ETC sunday... (I hope) :)

On the rename database matter, I have a console program somewhere that will read the tt-id from the xml file and grab the German title from ofdb.de

I made this in summer before I started working on FilmInfo+, so its kinda outdated atm, but I can update it to get the German titles. So that will be covered, too during one of the coming weekends.

It would prolly be finished already if Skyrim hadnt come in the way... shame on me... :D

Merlyn

Portal Pro
July 8, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.0.1

Attached the German movie database.

I've made two versions:
  • one where I simply translated the titles and dropped all of the original info
  • and a combined where I added additional attributes for title_de, sortby_de and also ofdbid, cause I already had this :D

Rochess, I dont know how you will implement the language change, but I thought it might be helpful, if you got it this way.

Also I have escaped all german umlauts and special characters so for German language at least you have to htmldecode all strings.

Attachments

• Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper DE.xml
    66.9 KB
  • Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper DE combined.xml
    120.5 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.0.1

Attached the German movie database.

Awesome work, but upon actually looking at the file I've got some questions.

You used v0.8 of the IMDb+ rename database, but the SVN link I posted points to the current v1.0.7 which contains a lot more entries that I think the German users would like to enjoy as well.

Also I like to use existing XML tools to verify the file, so eventhough I now read the file in scraper-script via regular expression to speed the process up, I still like the file to retain the current used XML formatting (actually I see your 'combined' file does use that, so wonder what happened). But if you could please stick to <rename...> and not use <rename_(number)...> in your syntax that would help. Of course I can rename it afterwards but if you are using a script for this, then modifying it to generate the same output as I use for English, might save us both some time.

And looks like your script has another small bug, it double encodes with for example &auml; showing up as &amp;auml;. This is once again an easy mass-rename, but might help if you modify your script for that as well.

Immensly appreciate the help though, so hope it is not a lot of work to redo it (or merge in the difference). As for forcing Roman numerals on each title, I can deal with that work myself if it becomes too much for ya, because I saw a lot of 1/2/3/etc usage in the title and lack of 'I' for first title. The IMDb+ has a seperate option to remove 'I' from first movie in the series and later I plan to add a numeric conversion option as well for the users who prefer 1/2/3/etc. But that will only work if the rename databases are consistent and follow the same format.

:D :D

Merlyn

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ups... :sorry:

Actually I dont know why the special chars were html encoded twice... prolly I did something wrong... I mentioned before, that my C# skills are rather nonexistent...

Anyways, I've run through the db from the google code page now and completed the db.
    I though I had the most recent file already, but prolly only got an old version from the trunk.

Also I left the special chars as they are now and saved as UTF8 because whenever I tested for xml compliance I got an error on the amp character; only way to get xml compliance was by encoding the amp, too. No idea why that is.

But if the file stays saved in UTF8 all should be well. Maybe you know why that is and can fix it.

Attachments

• Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper v107 DE.xml
      111.2 KB
    • Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper v107 DE combined.xml
      167.3 KB

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ups... :sorry:

Actually I dont know why the special chars were html encoded twice... prolly I did something wrong... I mentioned before, that my C# skills are rather nonexistent...

Anyways, I've run through the db from the google code page now and completed the db.
    I though I had the most recent file already, but prolly only got an old version from the trunk.

Also I left the special chars as they are now and saved as UTF8 because whenever I tested for xml compliance I got an error on the amp character; only way to get xml compliance was by encoding the amp, too. No idea why that is.

But if the file stays saved in UTF8 all should be well. Maybe you know why that is and can fix it.
    About the encoding problem: do you encode the umlauts at once or in several steps? If it's the latter: could it be you're encoding the umlauts first and then the '&'s? If so swap this order and it should work...

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got the translated version of the german strings for teh plugin. On my machine it works as it is, although I left the umlauts in the file since I had problems using the ascii format like &uuml;

Does it work all right, or do you have problems with it?

One word to my term "nicht-englisch": The scraper is english and it referrs in the xml to foreign titles, so foreign is in this case "not english" - to prevent confusion of people understanding foreign (as a german user) as something not german - which is wrong, since german is foreign in this case - I used this term.
    Is my thinking all right or did I twist it around in my head? If it is right, do you have a better idea?

Attachments

• de.xml
      19.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom