Get info on a movie? (1 Viewer)

everlong

Portal Member
June 2, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi all,

When i'm browsing my movies, I don not have any thumbnails on the folder, only when I open the folder there is thumbnail on the movie file. Is there a way to get the thumbnail on the folder too?

(Most of them have been scanned through the MP configurator, can't get it to scan dvds(.iso/.img) though)

everlong

Portal Member
June 2, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
I use what comes as a standard in MP 1.0.0.

I've never downloaded any plugins before, I've just installed MP 1.0.0 and I'm used to XBMC and it's easy updating from IMDB and thumbnail display. That plugin you linked to me looks fantastic, is it hard to install ang use?

jsimo01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i installed it with the StreamedMP skin (which is a port of the Mediastream skin in XMBC it configures everything for you, and as long as you configure your firewall correctly it downloads cover art, banners, fanart/backdrops to use as well)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/new-release-streamed-mp-v0-4-298-a-52272/
    Streamed MP.

To set up on it's own is also pretty easy, just download the zip archive and do exactly what it says in the readme.

Just run the import and match your movies with the correct movie pulled from imdb and it will download posters to use or you can add own coverart from file!

Got confused a minute between Moving Pictures (Movies and DVD's) and TV Series plugin, both are in streamed MP!

TVSeries is also great to use - https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/VideoorMovies/MP-TVSeriesplugin/

For TV Series
    Kaspersky will interfere with the banner downloads, I just added an exception for tvdb in the Firewall- Settings - Anit-Banner options or just disable anti-banner if it is being awkward.

everlong

Portal Member
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok. Downloaded Streamed MP now, easy installation, looks like it also installed My Tvseries and Moving Pictures.

When I do browse the movies now I can see a text about the movie, what year and director, but no picture. Do I have to enable it somewhere? But if I enter the menu and push IMDB i get the picture, the text and alot of other information as well.

jsimo01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    In Media Portal configuration > plugins go to Moving Pictures go to Movie Manager tab and you should be able to select a movie and see what cover art is available and cycle through those online or add from file. see screenshot below.

For TV Series it is different, it adds the cover art and everything from online, if you go to
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Fanart - backdrops
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners - banners/posters etc.
    (these are Vista locations for XP it will be C:\"something different"\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs)

if the banners are blank or as 1px X 1px it is likely your firewall is in the way, reconfigure to allow tvdb and try again!

Edit: Moving Pic's doesn't have an IMDB button, Moving Pics is a seperate plugin not under My Videos but My Movies or something like that (you can alter how it reads in home), Videos can be disabled in MP configuration>plugins and select Videos and click disable.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      149.3 KB

everlong

Portal Member
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hm, looks like Moving Pictures(MOP from now) doesn't capture any information about the movie.

Because when I go here: Media Portal configuration > plugins go to Moving Pictures go to Movie Manager tab.
    It's all empty. All the movies is under: Media Portal configuration > Videos -> Video Database.

Let me explain what I did, I installed StreamedMP, then moved one .dll file from MOP to the plugins, and the other files to the skin section under StreamedMP. But do I have to Enable MOP somewhere or should that start automatically?

About the TvSeries plugin, do I have to install that separately or did it get installed with the StreamedMP?

EDIT:

Ahh, I understand better now. When MP started I had to go to Plugins and then choose Moving Pictures, it said I didnæt have any path loaded, *bling*, I got the clue, i had to go to Mediaportal configurator - plugins - Moving Pictures and the configure. Now I'm adding the paths and everything started loading:)

I thought Moving Pictures would read from the patch i've already set under Mediaportal confgurator - Videos - . But now I understand how it's build up:)

MP-TV Series under Plugins is the Tv Series plugin you mentioned?

jsimo01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Yep,

Again use the import settings tab to set your folder paths.

The initial set-up is a little more involved than with Moving Pictures as you may need to edit the parsing scripts to correctly import your files if they do not conform to the folder/file structure of the preloaded scripts - this is not difficult and uses simple text tags to accomplish this.

Once this is done you can test the parsing scripts, if you have a lot of lines highlighted red you may need to tweak the scripts, double episodes are a well reported complication and the MP-TVSeries forum is a very good place for help on this and getting scripts. You can also manually import these if there are not too many!

hit 'Start Import' at the bottom of the window there is a little bar with down arrow which shows what is going on and reports any errors, this may be useful if you have problems. You may be asked to match up some series and accept what order to arrange them (aired is default and usually correct, some series like firefly need DVD order and you can select this if needed).

As mentioned artwork should download as well in the locations above.

Hope all goes well!

everlong

Portal Member
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thank you for helping me out jsimo01, I really appreciate it!

Ok, looks like everything works on Moving Pictures, the only bug I could find is when i have it in List Mode, then I can't see the name of the movie when I browse up&down. Is that a known bug? Or is it me? :) And do I need to scan in the mediaplayer configuration every time I add a movie or can I do that in MOP?

Ok, MPTVseries I'm having some trouble. I got to that point with importing, that works great but the thing is I got alot of "local" tv series and other tv things(thats not known to imdb etc.) and i got tv episodes on dvd(.iso and .img files). What should I do with them? Any ideas there?

Thanks again for all help!

EDIT:
    One more thing, if I have like 3 seasons of a serie and it looks like this

Serie name
    -Season 1
    --Serie name s01e01.avi
    --Serie name s01e02.avi
    --Serie name s01e03.avi
    -Season 2
    --Serie name 201.avi
    --Serie name 202.avi
    --Serie name 203.avi
    -Season 3
    --sn s03e01.avi
    --sn s03e02.avi
    --sn s03e03.avi

It will come up like 2 different series, is there a way to tell MPtvseries that is the same serie instead of change the name on all the files.

jsimo01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Will check out the bug you mentioned! Possibly if you're using a 1920*1080 resolution this is expected; the skin is set for 1366*768 screen resolution and some text alignment bugs are known from resolutions greater than this; this being so you would need to edit the skin files to move the control. Post a screenshot if possible!

I think movies should be imported automatically, I can't say I know for sure; is certainly this way in TV Series.

DVD's are a known complication in MP-TVSeries; there is no way to import ISO's or VOB's because of the way TVSeries imports the files (cannot read IFO)- there are two ways round this; 1st manually import them and assign them to an episode in the series (say 1st on disc) or 2nd convert to single episode video files either x264 or MPEG-4 in an .avi or.mkv container.

Source for TVSeries is TVDB so if you cannot find the series there you could create the series and add the seasons and episode details; would be useful for other users also. website is - thetvdb.com

Edit:
    Try the following - these are simple expressions which should work alright.
    1st - <series>\<series>.s0<season>e<episode>.<ext>
    as a supplement I also use <series>\<series>.s<season>e<episode>.<ext> (for series 10 and above)
    2nd - <series>\Season 3\sn.s0<season>e<episode>.<ext>
    3rd - <series>\<series>(?<season>[0-9]{1})(?<episode>[0-9]{2}).<ext>

I am no expert at these, the TVSeries forum is the best place to ask for expressions and you will get a lot better or at least more flexible expressions which will cover more eventualities.

Also add string exceptions for . as <space> in the import settings > string replacements

Hope this works,

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom