Get/Use TV-Engine w/o MPs interface...? (1 Viewer)

nbarzgar

Portal Member
January 5, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

might seem an odd request, here is what I'd really like to try...and why:

I've got a well installed and set-up ATI All-In-Wonder X800 card, together with Windwos XP SP2, Pentium 4, 1.8 GHz and 512 MB RAM. As everyone knows from the specs, MP is supposed to be working well with CPUs >2.4 GHz...
EDIT: the card is software-encoding mpeg2... EDIT

I have got help on this forum making my card work with MP, and it did work really great...!! BUT although I have set-up and optimized my system carefully and thoroughly, indeed CPU-power is not enough. I have been looking for at least 6 months around the internet to find another application to record TV (mpeg2, at Full-D1-resolution, ~2300 kbps for video) and schedule recordings in combination with TV-Movie Clickfinder/xmltv... You name it, I tried it...
I am out of my depth here and would LOVE trying a "stripped" version of MPs TV-engine for recordings and am wondering, if that is a reasonable/feasible thought at all? :confused:

What I especially like a great deal about MP is that it is possible to use ATIs mpeg-encoder with it, that way generating the best possible video-output, I have got so far - except perhabs ATIs MMC, but anyone knowledgable about ATI knows how buggy it is...

I am presuming, CPU-power is used up by the interface as much as the capturing process - I have done captures with numerous (more simple) apps, where mpeg2-quality is really great and CPU even not used up to full extend.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions!

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is possible to control TV-Engine without using the MediaPortal interface. You could for example try this webinterface until the official webinterface will be integrated into the TV-engine. Its simple and slim. Maybe this is what you are looking for. You seem to have solved epg-grabbing so if you have further questions just ask.

-level20peon

nbarzgar

Portal Member
    January 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo level20peon,

thanks, very fast and helpful answer! I will try this immediately, it just COULD be the answer to my prayers... ;)

Just to make sure I got it right:
    I would install TV engine v3, install MySQL ODBC driver, install your interface and then use that to control/configure TV-engine?
    Would I in this case have to go through installation routine exactly as stated in the documentation of TV-engine...? Or may I skip some of the 'ingredients'? For example not install MP then?

Thanks again!

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You only need MySQL ODBC driver when you are using MySQL, if you use SQL Server 2005 it is not necessary. So you install:

1. the SQL Server (Use goatse's interface when you use SQL Server 2005 / MY MOD and MySQL ODBC driver when you use MySQL Server)

2. Install TV-Engine (Setup anything including channels / your EPG config)

3. You need a running webserver for the usage of the webinterface (either use XAMPP lite and run apache within XAMPP if you have no idea what you are doing ^^ or use a single apache / php installation)

4. Access the webinterface via your browser (looks like the attached picture in goate's first post)

-level20peon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom