[other] Getting the word out.... MORE PR!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ...and about Nicky - (that he is not a she... ;) )

ROFL

OHH!!! I just remembered about all the video and photos took by the professional photographer!! They should be up on BigDesign website soon, but I bet I can get copies of any shots they took that have MP in them.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I love that part. :D

“Well, you have to understand that XBMC had been around for a while and a lot of Europeans wanted XBMC to add Live TV for PC users. XBMC said ‘Nope, as we have to keep it so all features is accessible on an Xbox’, so these guys said ‘Fine we will add it ourselves and call it MediaPortal’. So the roots of MP are European and Live TV was designed and tested only in Europe. Well it is my goal to promote MP in the US not only to attract more users, but more developers as well. Just one or two ATSC coders are all that is needed to make MP US TV friendly. It will happen one day soon! But for right now, it can be tedious getting the EPG and TV stations to display correctly.”

Interesting how many ppl were interested in aMPdroid. I did not expect that.
    Seems that the show was quiet a success - great job! :)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I did not want to mention frodo by name as if they were supposed to know who he was =) Is that not correct? I hope I did not misspeak =( I know it is not EXACTLY how it went down, but I tried to add some narrative flare to it.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I wanted to post a PR with photos and videos, but I have been in a very bad mood. Pretty upset and P.O.'d, so I am not feeling very creative. But I know some people were waiting on videos and what not. Here are some links:

Video 1

Video 2

All the pics that survived were pics of the other booths and just the show in general. Some of them were not good pics to begin with. I will get copies from the BigD photographer as soon as they weed out their pics.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Well, I am still waiting for the pics and video to be sent from BigDesign and this is all that I am waiting on for the press release of the show. If I do not get the images by tomorrow nite then I will just put out the press release in text and maybe add the pics later.

As it stands now, I have a lot of other ideas to increase PR worldwide, but I will save that for another thread and I want to tell everyone about what shows are coming up that we have planned. QuakeCon is held annually in Dallas (much like BlizzCon is in California) and we are on the move to host an expo booth there. It serves some 2,000 gamers each year and I have registered us with them already. Still waiting on pricing information atm, tho.

After that it looks like MediaPortal will be at the State Fair of Texas. As the name implies this is not just a trade show, but the largest state fair in the US. 2.5 - 3 million people each year, and due to Texas weather, if you are an indoor exhibitor then you will get a look from almost every one of them! Here are some interesting facts about the fair.

The State Fair of Texas is an annual state fair held in Dallas, Texas (USA). The fair season usually begins the last Friday in September and ends 24 days later. The fair is held at the historic Fair Park where it has been held since 1886. The State Fair of Texas is the largest state fair in the United States by annual attendance, with 2,618,500 attendees in 2010. The fair no longer tracks attendance by ticket sales — the numbers always underestimated attendance due to the practice of free entry for local schoolchildren and senior citizens on certain days — the fair's past estimates by various methods consistently suggested more than 3 million people visit the fair annually.

Traditionally, one of the centerpieces of the fair has been the annual college football game between Texas and Oklahoma, nicknamed the Red River Shootout and played in the Cotton Bowl at Fair Park. Also, the State Fair Classic, featuring Grambling State University and Prairie View A&M University, is played at the Cotton Bowl during the fair.

The State Fair of Texas is the only fair in the country to include a full blown auto show, dating back to 1904. It includes over 300,000 square feet (28,000 m2) of new model vehicles, two buildings, a Truck Zone and a Test Drive Track. The State Fair has been the site for several international launches including the 1998 Chevrolet Blazer, the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe and the 2008 Ford Sporttrac.

Most local schools and some businesses give their students/employees a day off during the fair so that everyone may enjoy the festivities together. This is an excused absence by participating schools and businesses. The date most companies and schools choose for this day is usually the second Monday in October.

the info above was taken from wikipedia - State Fair of Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can already imagine, this is a 24 straight day event, each day lasting 16 hours. It is not cheap, and will require more than just myself to run. Fortunately, I believe that I can get enough sponsor money to cover the cost of the booth ($2,300 - $4,700 USD depending on size of booth and location). As for people to run the booth, I of course will ask cyberfix & fforde if they want to help as they are somewhat local. Maybe I can even get stevewabc to fly down and help! The benefits for being a SFoT vendor are nice (all access pass, food drink tokens, ride tokens, midway tokens, etc) and that might be enough to talk a few people into one or two 8 hour shifts. This will save us any labor costs. The bad news is... we had better look like pros! No black and white flyers, sans brochures & minus swag. These people will be getting T-Shirts from Microsoft, pens from Sprint, key chains from Ford, tote bags from Barnes & Nobel...etc. They will need something to take home that has a web address on it. This show will not be cheap, but the visibility is AWESOME. I will be saving my nickles and dimes to maybe put 1-2k into the show, and maybe that will be enough to cover those expenses. I hope so, because I dont want to take more than one sponsor into this deal. Too many sponsors is just as bad as allowing one to out shine the exhibit product. The message gets lost. So.... any tips or ideas on anything related to this HUGE undertaking will be greatly appreciated!

BTW.... I know this is a big deal... but I live by the motto "Go big... or go home."

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Getting the word out.... MORE PR!!!!!

sounds really good and cool -
    too bad that i am far far away from texas,
    couse would be real interessting to help you with
    such a big presentation/fair.

will have an eye on the thread and whats up next.
    (and i think about if your way is also possible for germany)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom