Global search (1 Viewer)

d-fader

Portal Pro
September 24, 2006
I live in Purmerend, a small town just above Amst
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Okay, I've made the searching intelligence and it works! I'm working on the user interface now (works already, you can enter a searchphrase, search and select a result, that will be then added to the playlist), it'll take some more time, but expect a first version soon!

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Tried it with MediaPortal-svn--06-09-2007--00-59-Rev14824.exe using BlueTwo Wide. It came up OK, but when I clicked on "searchphrase" the background turned all black. I could type in a few letters, but after typing in some backspaces to clear the entry, MePo hung and had to be killed. I will retry with today's SVN.

P.S. I hope it's not too much to ask, but what I really miss in the built in search function is the ability to enter letters using the remote control (RC). The ability already exists in the listings in My Music. There it is possible to use the RC's numeric keys for letters (like you do when composing a text message on a mobile phone). Is this something you could add to Global Search?

P.P.S. Here are some logfiles, in case that helps.

d-fader

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tried it with MediaPortal-svn--06-09-2007--00-59-Rev14824.exe using BlueTwo Wide. It came up OK, but when I clicked on "searchphrase" the background turned all black. I could type in a few letters, but after typing in some backspaces to clear the entry, MePo hung and had to be killed. I will retry with today's SVN.

I've had something similar during the development, when I typed an 'r' while the keyboard was on screen, it also crashed with the black screen. I had guessed it was because of a plugin which can refresh my skin. On my 'normal' media portal PC, it works like it should, even in 'wide' mode. Can't think of anything that might went wrong. What I do see is that your logs are HUGE with a lot of errors (just scanned it though) and that there is something about the virtual keyboard in the mediaportal.log file, but I don't see anything I can do about it (yet).
    Maybe it's a good idea to try to install the 0.2.2.0 stable version on your PC on a temporary location (thus a clean install), then try the stable release and check if it still fails, if it doesn't try to install the latest SVN and check if it breaks.

Your log did say loads about DirectX errors, all the alarm bells were ringing in my head when I saw them, though I don't exactly know what they mean.

P.S. I hope it's not too much to ask, but what I really miss in the built in search function is the ability to enter letters using the remote control (RC). The ability already exists in the listings in My Music. There it is possible to use the RC's numeric keys for letters (like you do when composing a text message on a mobile phone). Is this something you could add to Global Search?
    I've seen someting about the SMS input control in some of the MediaPortal core, I'll check it out, so yeah, I'll try to add it. Would make my day too, lol

P.P.S. Here are some logfiles, in case that helps.
    Thanks, saw a lot errors as earlier described :) - I think you should let that be checked out (or maybe you already know why there are so much errors).

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I guess you called it. I disabled the "My Refresh" plug-in and it seems to work OK. Many of the other errors you saw in the log may have been due to my playing around with other skins. My only complaint about Global Search is now that the screen showing the different options, which appears after selecting something from the results list, has everything kind of bunched up on the left side of the (BlueTwo Wide) screen, with some of the elements overlapping.
    If you get around to implementing the SMS-type key entry, it would be important to make sure that their is also a "Backspace" available via remote control.
    I am using an MCE remote, which for most applications provides this function via the "Clear" key. Unfortunately, this doesn't work as expected in Global Search. However, there are also other areas in MePo where it doesn't work as expected, so I suspect a general problem with the mapping, not something specific to Global Search.
    Many :D for your contribution!

d-fader

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    See this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/new_plugin_global_search-t24057.html

Please continue to post there, I'll check the use of the clear key with the SMS input, also I'll concentrate on the wide screen support :)
    I guess the SMS input should be a new overlay window like the virtual keyboard since a lot of people wasnt to use it! It seems to be a separate control now (like a button or a label).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom