Gnu general public license (1 Viewer)

blured

March 25, 2009
I’m working on an hardware project whose objective is the realization of a multimedia station and I would like equipe it with MediaPortal.
According to the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE there shouldn’t be any limitation/fee as long as the modified or added code would be shared and regulated by the same GNU General Public License.
Am I right? Is there any other constraint or fee?

Thanks

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi blured.

Not answering your question (I'll leave that for someone else), but if you'd like to contact the team (Team MediaPortal) considering your project, please use the contact scheme

blured

March 25, 2009
    Thanks Spragleknas,
    I've contacted the MediaPortal Team but I had no answer so far. :(
    Can anybody provide details?
    What I need to know if there is something to do for using MediaPortal on a proprietary platform.
    Looking at GPL I understand that I only have to share changes to existing code.
    What about new plugins?

blured

March 25, 2009
    Can anybody tell me something more on GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE? Or can anybody tell me who can help me?

Thanks to all

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can anybody tell me something more on GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE? Or can anybody tell me who can help me?

Thanks to all

This page covers all you should know.

GPL is "virulent". In short: everything you change, add or remove using GPL code must be published (on demand) and use a GPL compatible license as well. You're allowed to charge for the distribution (e.g. ask the price for the compact disks you put the source code on) but have to give it to ANYONE (not just your customers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom