1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good M-Card TV Tuner for PC

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by BluePoet, July 29, 2017.

1. BluePoet

BluePoet New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    I will start by saying that I have to install the Media Portal. I currently have a Tivo Bolt but I hate the amount they charge to use their device yearly. So I am looking at other options. I have a M Card in the Tivo currently and I am thinking of trying to find a M Card reader for a PC, move the card over to the computer and then use Media Portal to record live shows. Was curious if anyone uses Windows 10 and what they suggest for a tuner card. Would like something that can record up to 6 shows in HD. I was looking at the Ceton Infi 6 but the reviews on it are making me question it. Was curious what others are using and what works well with Media Portal. Also for Media Portal, should I use 1 or 2?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +7,766 / 14
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    "M card reader for a PC" is called a CableCARD tuner. As stated in our wiki/manual, Ceton, Hauppauge and Silicondust CableCARD tuners all work with MediaPortal.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Like Us On Facebook

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!