Goodbye MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Hey PD

2 minutes, you're joking, how can I have some of that?

Here in Australia, with a Tiny Twin USB (great device by the way), I would guess without a stopwatch, that it takes at LEAST 20 minutes, per tuner.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    2 minutes, you're joking, how can I have some of that?

Here in Australia, with a Tiny Twin USB (great device by the way), I would guess without a stopwatch, that it takes at LEAST 20 minutes, per tuner.

I guess you are scanning the WHOLE DVB-T bandwidth. Just follow following steps to speed it up:

Check if your location is already listed in scanning options, if yes then use it (and the scanning will most likely take 30 seconds as only few frequencies are scanned).

If your location is not available (yet) do a full DVB-T frequency area scan. Check what frequencies are used (providing channels). Update DVB-T tuning parameters XML file (easier than it sounds, just copy & paste mainly). Upload the update XML file into this forum.

After that all people who are using MP in your area are getting much shorter scanning times. Unfortunately that is the price you must pay when using open source application(s). We have no resources to do such and therefore we rely completely on the user feedback.

Thanks in an advance for the tuning parameters update.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Oh, forgot to say that you need to scan only with one tuner (if both tuners are used to receive the same channels.) Just map the channels to the 2nd card after the tuning is done with the first.

There wont be any difference even if the cards are from different manufactures.

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    Will happily make that contribution Tourettes.

Not sure how valuable it will be, how many of you folks have even heard of Wollongong?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure how valuable it will be, how many of you folks have even heard of Wollongong?

Well we have now :)

Tourettes right, I'm scanning Winter Hill transmitter only, so does make a big difference, and for the likes of myself, its much quicker to scan with each card, than map the channels, so its definitely to your advantage to get the frequencies for your tansmitter and pass them on to us.

Regards

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Check if your location is already listed in scanning options, if yes then use it (and the scanning will most likely take 30 seconds as only few frequencies are scanned).

Does this work for Analog Cards as well? It takes me over 30 minutes to scan 180 channels here although only 60 channels are actually valid. The scan finds multiple sources of many channels, only one of which is usually viewable.

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Just noticed that this thread has attracted over 7,000 views :eek:

I think that settles once and for all the debate (which has popped up several times in this, and in other threads) about the perceived usefulness of the type of post characterised by the initial poster, and of whether they should be 'allowed' by the mods....

bopfrog

Portal Pro
    August 20, 2008
    Bay of Plenty
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thought I might get in my 2 cents worth. Started with MP last year and have been impressed with it - can view everything i have and mostly TV has been good except for recently when the stuttering has plagued things.

Thought I would give W7 a shot with MC - never used it before because it doesn't get NZ DVB-T. Like you say, easy to setup but doesn't offer the flexibility of MP. I'm only after the basic functions - video and DVD payback, TV recording etc, so if can get the stuttering fixed I'll be happy.

Thank you for all the development work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom