Google earth Plugin?! (1 Viewer)

eggz2004

Portal Pro
October 13, 2006
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
I know that someone mentioned this possibility in the forum of making such a plugin, like MCE have it, but i couldn´t find any news of it...

Does it exist, or some other plugin that allows to "surfing the world" with a remote inside MP using google earth?

Thanks

zswman

Portal Pro
April 23, 2006
Mountain View, CA USA
Wow - usually I am against these sort of non-TV/IPTV/Video/Music/etc., plugins, but this would be fantastic. It must work w/ the MCE remote, however, as the idea of being able to tour the world from a reclining position on the couch really appeals at deep, deep level ;-)

stormbringer

Portal Pro
November 22, 2004
Well - you could start for example IE in kiosk-mode with this start page and you could use or define your controlls. it works.
If you have mce on your system you could use auto-it to create *.exe from mcl-files and start them as an external Prog.

give it a try

Storm

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Unfortunately I have one of those jobs that doesn't let me do some programming after work anymore... But this would really be a great plugin if someone volunteers.

Just as a hint: I read somewhere on a German website that Google Maps has pictures in more detail than it reveals on its maps.google.com site. E.g. if you zoom into Frankfurt the slider stops at this level:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...12212,8.684349&spn=0.001159,0.003374&t=k&om=1

(you get this url by clicking on "url to this page" in the upper right corner of maps.google.com)

In this url there is a zoom-factor - in this case "z=19". If you change this to another value by hand after copying it into your explorer, you can reach a zoom level of up to 21 for Frankfurt. I can remember that there are places (can't remeber which unfortunately) where you can reach a zoom of up to 24 and thereby seeing the faces of people.

Funny but somehow scary, too...

cheers,

Michael

zag2me

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    Would be a very cool plugin.

Google earth is going to be very very big in the future.

phil123

April 19, 2007
    Hi,

I was also impressed of the idea of using GoogleEarth on my HTPC.

I solved it without any additional plugin - I haven't all the features, but it's okay ...

I did it this way:
    Install EasyApps-Plugin
    Create a new Application in Easy-Apps-Configuration
    -> as Application use iexplorer.exe file (with full path)
    -> for parameters use: "-k http://savage.org.za/GMAPMCE/"

Philipp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom