Google Translate support (1 Viewer)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Could be very interesting if My lyrics was interfaced to google translate through its Api.
    Could awesome if the original text was displayed on the right and its translation on the left guided with the remote control.
    I hope so. Listen reading music it's the best way to learn and improve the english knowledge :D

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Funny thing. I had exact the same idea this morning as I sat at work listening to the Swedish band Kent. I love their music but have trouble understanding their lyrics. I will surely consider to add this feature soon if possible. If google has an webservice and API for the purpose without any limitations in daily access, then it should be no problem.

regards,
    mackey

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok, but the problem is that generally the translation made by Google is more difficult to understand than the original text...

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok, but the problem is that generally the translation made by Google is more difficult to understand than the original text...

It's true .
    Our romance languages such as Italian or portuguese it's more difficult to translate to English than German or other germanic languages. But I think could be a awesome features because often the main problem to fully understand a sentence is the words knowledge

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have added support for Google Translate in version 1.40 which just has been shipped.

Thanks for the request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom