GotTV/GAM no longer free! (1 Viewer)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
butcherBoy said:
if you think that sharing knowledge and talent is communism - i want it now!
No, that's the idea of open source. :wink:

butcherBoy said:
and pablo sells meedio. so what? if you don't like it, don't buy it.
No need for that. I got Media Portal. :lol:

mike37931

Portal Member
April 26, 2004
I'm glad to see more discussion on this.

I feel it is important to contribute to something I use. I don't think anyone would argue this point. I don't have the time/talent to contribute for the development of MP. So the best I could do would be to give money. I will if I start to use it on a regular basis (or even a part of it). Yes, open source certainly allows these other developers to jump in. I sure wish they would.

At this moment, GAM is the closest solution I have for a PVR. So I bought it (makes sense). Meedio is the closest solution to a front end, so I bought it. Now, if I want the two to work together better, I can spend time skinning, coding xml, writing scripts, or I can live with it not being a "pretty" solution and wait for something else that fits my needs.

Mike

gds

Portal Pro
October 4, 2004
Italy
Joep said:
mPod said:
The communism times are gone.

Thank God....

Maybe you've never heard about Giambattista Vico, a neapolitan philosopher, who gave birth to the idea that the story just cycles, going through hystorical courses and recourses (I'm sorry if I didn't translate it well, maybe a quick search on Google could help the most curious...). So, whatever you think of any hystorical event, be prepared to see it happen again, under a different form, in some other place, but the same all the same.
My 2 cents.
:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom