GPU Folding and Mediaportal - No Dice? (1 Viewer)

dogchainx

November 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I started using the GPU Folding@Home client with my HTPC.

However, now Mediaportal doesn't want to finish starting up when i want to run it. I have to exit Folding@Home GPU in order for Mediaportal to run.

Any ideas?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Most likely that Folding@Home reserves some GPU resources and causes MP not to work :) Please try to find some information what it might reserve (not a MP issue most likely). Does any 3D games work?

dogchainx

November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I couldn't solve it. I tried new drivers, old drivers, changed acceleration options in Windows Vista, changed priority processes, changed video settings in MediaPortal Config...nothing.

So, I went into the BIOS and made the onboard video the default while keeping my 9600GSO card as secondary. Now, it works like a charm. I don't get any 3D acceleration from the 9600GSO, but I'm using it to FOLD.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I couldn't solve it. I tried new drivers, old drivers, changed acceleration options in Windows Vista, changed priority processes, changed video settings in MediaPortal Config...nothing.

So, I went into the BIOS and made the onboard video the default while keeping my 9600GSO card as secondary. Now, it works like a charm. I don't get any 3D acceleration from the 9600GSO, but I'm using it to FOLD.

If you ever are going to get some video playback issues (stuttering or dropped frames) you might want to consider to use the 9600 as video card :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom