grafical-light version of Media Portal for Epia (1 Viewer)

xxxomxxx

Portal Member
January 8, 2005
Zurich, Siwtzerland
I all

i have made a HTPC with a Epia M10000, its to bad Media Portal is to heavy for the Epia's grafix on board. Would it be possible to release a version that "real practical" HTPC boards like the Epia could support media Portal?

What board is known to be able to handle MP, but still with onboard Grafix and in Mini-ITX form?

as far as i have tested other Software works fine [IMedian(comes with Soundgraph but has no radioor recipe support), Beyond TV(Commercial), etc.]. I dont know why the TV in Media Portal uses such a lot of CPU on the Epia Board.

...ok...just browsed through the forums and saw that DX9 is the problem... any Mini-ITX board with DX9 support???

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Too much work to rewrite it, as its used to draw the entire interface.

The reason its using so much CPU is your graphics card doesnt support DX8/9 so the cpu is having to handle it which is too much extra work especially for a Via CPU (much slower than Intel/AMD counterparts).

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

please do not crosspost... :)
    A8N-VM CSM

You may use the 0.1.3. release of MP. Latest uses only VMR9 as renderer, which is not supported by the UniChrome graphics.

Flip.

xxxomxxx

Portal Member
    January 8, 2005
    Zurich, Siwtzerland
    ok, thanks for the answers.

sorry about the crosspost...thought the dx9 question belonged in another thread..

i tried MP 1.3, but even with Overlay the Epia is not fast enough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom