Graphical Feedback when changing channel (1 Viewer)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    As channel changes can take a few seconds in some setups, I would like to suggest that a progress graphic (i.e. spinning wheel style icon) is shown while a channel is changing.

Currently you can chose to change channel, the OSD will dissapear, but you are on the same channel. no feedback is shown to notify the user that in a second or two the channel will change.

Impatient users can then start hitting buttons as they dont realise that they just have to wait.

I'm not sure how simple this would be - it sounds simple, but there could be reasons as to why it itsnt so.

So basically:

1. Select new channel.
    2. Spinning wheel (or similar feedback) is shown on screen until channel is changed.

:D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    2. Spinning wheel (or similar feedback) is shown on screen until channel is changed.

Nothing that is animated cannot be added (as during the tuning MP is not able to process any GUI redrawing, as the tuning operation is sycnronous in tv plugin).

kavven

Portal Member
    January 8, 2009
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is also pretty anoying when changing to a channel outside it's broadcasting hours.
    This makes MP to "freeze" for ~30 seconds or so...

Br,
    Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom