Great App \0/ - Can anyone help with a few small problems. (1 Viewer)

engma27

Portal Member
September 4, 2009
Hi All.

Firstly i would like to thank the Devs of this awesome App. you deserve praise for the work thats being done.

I did a fresh install of windows 7 last night and using the latest stable beta build MP seems to run so much better than on Vista.. Now too my two problems.

Remote:

I bought this yesterday from a local electrical store and was amazed without any drivers or special software apart from enabling the option for MCE remote in MP works flawless.

My question is this. It has 4 buttons across the top that when pressed switch to the various apps i.e. videos / pictures. what i want to do is change the video and tv buttons to open TV series plugin and moving pictures but when i open the mapping config under the MCE options neither are available in the large list of options you can map... is there a simple way around this?

Second Question:

I installed Online videos and setup the codecs as per the SAF codec pack which again works great. 80% of the online contact for this plugin works excpet Youtube and Apple trailer.. Well i say work they do work but i only get approx 2 secs of audio then it goes silent but video still plays.

I have installed QT_lite and the QT filter plugin for MP. I have also told FDDshow to handle the correct codecs for playing this contact.

Is this a common problem ( i have been through the vast thread about other issues playing Qt content but this issue doesnt seem to be covered ).

Last thing... Currently i only have the default skins installed. If i download a new skin do i have to reinstall the plugins so they work with the new skins? i noticed when installing certain plugins it asks me to tick support for certain skins.

Thanks for your time.

Lee

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Regarding your remote, try intelliremote. You can download it as a 30 day trial to see if it will let you assign those buttons to a key press.

Robbo100

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Last thing... Currently i only have the default skins installed. If i download a new skin do i have to reinstall the plugins so they work with the new skins? i noticed when installing certain plugins it asks me to tick support for certain skins.?

If you download a new skin you do not have to reinstall the plugins.

Each plugin requires a skin file. Most skins come with all the skin files for the most popular plugins. Some plugins also install skin files for some skins. So sometimes you can choose between the skin's skin file or the plugins skin file. You should use the most recent. If that confuses you, then go with the skin's skin file. ie. Choose not to install the plugins skin file when you install the plugin. If you have problems you can reinstall the plugin and install the plugin's skin file overwriting the skin's skin file.

My question is this. It has 4 buttons across the top that when pressed switch to the various apps i.e. videos / pictures. what i want to do is change the video and tv buttons to open TV series plugin and moving pictures but when i open the mapping config under the MCE options neither are available in the large list of options you can map... is there a simple way around this?

2 steps involved in setting this up.
    Step 1 - you must assign a keyboard shortcut to my TV Series/Moving Pictures plugins. You can do that using Shortcut'er plugin. The link to shortcut'er is in my signiture. Once you have setup a keyboard shortcut, try it and see if it works. eg. CTRL+SHIFT+M jumps to moving pictures. If it is working you can proceed to step 2.
    Step 2 - You need to make the remote control emulate that keyboard shortcut. There should be lots of free programs that can do this. As i don't use your remote i can't help you much further, maybe others can. You can look into using girder or IRSS which are both free programs. Maybe girder would be less complicated to setup as IRSS will require a reconfiguration of your other remote buttons.

I installed Online videos and setup the codecs as per the SAF codec pack which again works great. 80% of the online contact for this plugin works excpet Youtube and Apple trailer.. Well i say work they do work but i only get approx 2 secs of audio then it goes silent but video still plays?

Look in the SAF thread for instructions on how to use graph studio to post a graph, then run the log collector and delete all current logs, then try to run the movie. then quit mediaportal then save your logs. then post on saf thread with 1. description of problem, 2. screenshot of graph, 3. mediaportal logs 4. system info (operating system/video card/which version of saf/which version of mp you are using)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom