A

Anonymous

for the forum:
- a new section for support/tricks to make media portal work better
- a skin portage section where users can experiment new skins

for media portal:
- cd rip
- enable/disable mp visualization
- merge different folders into a single directory (ex: 3 folders in music plugin merged into a single music directory)
- show cover art of currently playing item (folder.jpg)
- internet radio (mp)

A

Anonymous

merge different folders into a single directory (ex: 3 folders in music plugin merged into a single music directory)

it is obvious that clicking on my pictures, entering my pictures and then clicking on "pictures" directory again isnt logical. could selected folders (in setup) be directly viewable/accesible when entering a module? i still hold on the possibility to merge folders :roll:

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The 2nd click you do on My pictures is the Share you make in setup.
    Ig you make multiple shares here you will see multiple choices instead of just "pictures"

There will be a feature called "default share" This allows you to say where you want to go to when entering My Pictures and not view your shares first. This has the result you want.

A

Anonymous

ok, i went to setup and selected individual folder instead of root folder. work better like that. i thought selected folder in setup wasnt supposed to be included.

thanks!

A

Anonymous

hum, i was thinking in "movies" its the same problem actually but i can find a way around.... well or selecting every single folder containing a movie.... thats a lot :?

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Am I miss understanding??
    Here goes.

You have a folder name:
    C:\Media\My movies

In this folder you have sub folders with movies like
    C:\Media\My movies\Movie 1
    C:\Media\My movies\Movie 2

In setup you give:
    Share name "Movies" Path C:\Media\My movies

When you go to My Movies you will now see your shares you made. In this case:
    Movies

When you click on Movies you will see the list of files/folders in C:\Media\My movies in this case
    Movie 1
    Movie 2

What I understand from you is that you want to go directly from My Movies in Home to the folders like this
    My Movies <> Click
    Movie 1
    Movie 2
    Without getting the share "Movies" in between.

Now, this is not possible yet, you could set all folders as a share but thats not handy. There will be an option where you can set a share as default.
    It will then Enter this share when you go to Myt Movies meaning you will go to
    Movie 1
    Movie 2
    When you click on My Movies.

I think you can better wait till this is in, hope it won't be that long :)

A

Anonymous

Now, this is not possible yet, you could set all folders as a share but thats not handy. There will be an option where you can set a share as default.
    It will then Enter this share when you go to Myt Movies meaning you will go to
    Movie 1
    Movie 2
    When you click on My Movies.

yep, thats what i actually meant. its fine when have only a couple of folders. you just have to share them but larger collections like music or video are a real problem.
    my suggestion (again) :wink: is to be able to merge folder instead of setting a default..
    i explain shortly:
    in setup/music i select 2 folders located in 2 diff drives:
    c:/my music/collection1
    d:/my music/collection2
    by merging them, all subfolders contained in collection1 and collection2 could be displayed together just as if they were in the same root folder. no hassle, but people who prefer to see their file depending on their locations could disable the merge option...

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In other words, You want to be able to put multiple locations in the same share.
    Xbox had this to when you used Relax as server, so it's not unkown to us.

Nice thing to be added I agree, but we still have the need to put in a default share, or go directly to the share when only 1 share iexists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom