[NVIDIA] GT240 sound through HDMI cable? (1 Viewer)

Gynoug

Portal Member
October 26, 2009
I was just reading a review of this card and it stated that this was the one of the few nvidea graphic cards that sends audio signal through hdmi cable. Can anyone confirm this ? It's not good enough for gaming but it keeps the power consumption and heat output low.

Thx

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    All old nvidia cads can send sound through hdmi cable but only SPDIF because they was connected to sound card through SPDIF cable.
    New cards like GT240 or GT220 supports direct sound transfer(no need spdif cable) and supports more bandwidth sound streams it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
    I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
    Replies
    Views
    In December 2017 I acquired a Palit GeForce GTX 1080 DUAL OC for €529 on Alternate.de. It seems it has a similar board layout and I was able to apply the same modifications. However it would probably greatly benefit from an after market heat-sink. Palit did again a good job at providing a minimalist product which can be easily...
    In December 2017 I acquired a Palit GeForce GTX 1080 DUAL OC for €529 on Alternate.de. It seems it has a similar board layout and I...
    Here is a review of Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Dual. After getting myself a 4K TV I thought I'll try and get a GPU that does 4K too...
    Replies
    Views
    Update: After spending a couple hours reading many forum posts, I uninstalled MP2, deleted the folder in C:\ProgramData, then downloaded the latest snapshot(2016-02-07), but couldn't install it, because the download apparently contains a virus, so I downloaded the 2016-01-16 snapshot and installed it w/o issue. I setup the HD HomeRun...
    Update: After spending a couple hours reading many forum posts, I uninstalled MP2, deleted the folder in C:\ProgramData, then...
    I just installed MediaPortal 2 as Client & Server on same Windows 7 64-bit machine that currently runs Windows Media Center. I have...
    Replies
    Views
    i see the version 2 is out of the sumvision mini pc
    i see the version 2 is out of the sumvision mini pc
    Just bought one of these for £119 for use as an MP TV Client. It has a four core 1.83 MHz Atom processor and Intel Gen 7 HD...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks! Yes I read that later, about Channel mapping..I will edit my post for that later tonight. About removing the CI assignments, may be this helps, I do not know, but right now all channels seem to work OK though.
    Thanks! Yes I read that later, about Channel mapping..I will edit my post for that later tonight. About removing the CI...
    Hi folks, Since I could not find any complete tutorial for the installation of my new Digital Devices (DD) DuoFlex C/C2/T/T2 V3...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom