GUI dialog menu throws exception on close of menu (1 Viewer)

Roberdin

Portal Pro
December 26, 2005
London, United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: 3 May 07 01:22
MediaPortal Version: 3 May 07 01:02
MediaPortal Skin: SpinSafe Revolve 070406_1611
Windows Version: XP Professional

Causing a GUI Dialog Menu to close (by clicking an option) throws an exception. This is manifested by making the entire GUI unresponsive. The menu disappears, but then no other option can be selected, or highlighted, save for buttons on the top bar; however these do not function when clicked. The close button on the top bar still, however, causes MediaPortal to minimise. Video and audio keeps playing. When MediaPortal is restarted, then it appears that whatever action you tried to take was successful (i.e. ordering MediaPortal to record a programme). The programme simply does not respond to any input after the action is taken. The problem occurs with every menu in MediaPortal. MediaPortal worked fine with revision 11 March 2007.

MediaPortal error log:
Code:
ExceptionType: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: mscorlib

Stack trace:

Server stack trace: 
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextScrollUpControl.SetText(String strText)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextScrollUpControl.set_Label(String value)
   at TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo.UpdateProgramDescription(Schedule rec, Program program)
   at TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo.item_OnItemSelected(GUIListItem item, GUIControl parent)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.ItemSelectedHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIListItem.itemSelectedCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.AsyncResult.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.AgileAsyncWorkerItem.ThreadPoolCallBack(Object o)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

Relevant extract of MediaPortal log:
Code:
2007-05-04 21:41:25.890625 [Info.][MPMain]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded id:99 ex:Object of type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIImage' cannot be converted to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIVideoControl'.    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
   at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.InternalSetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean doVisibilityCheck, Boolean doCheckConsistency)
   at System.Reflection.RtFieldInfo.SetValue(Object obj, Object value, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnWindowLoaded() TvPlugin.TVGuide
2007-05-04 21:41:25.937500 [Info.][MPMain]: window:TvPlugin.TVGuide init
2007-05-04 21:43:11.718750 [Info.][MPMain]: window:TvPlugin.TVGuide deinit
2007-05-04 21:43:11.843750 [Info.][MPMain]: texturemanager:CleanupThumbs()
2007-05-04 21:43:11.937500 [Info.][MPMain]: window:TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo init
2007-05-04 21:43:13.937500 [Info.][MPMain]: WindowManager:route TvPlugin.TVProgramInfo:748->MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu:2012
2007-05-04 21:43:13.937500 [Info.][MPMain]: window:MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu init
2007-05-04 21:43:15.187500 [Info.][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
   at MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu.Close()
   at MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
   at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
2007-05-04 21:44:45.734375 [Info.][4]: HCWHelper: MediaPortal is not running

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Is this only when using SpinSafe Revolve or does it happen with B2 too?

Regards
    Roy

Stor-Anders

Portal Member
    August 15, 2005
    I can confirm this issue with all late SVNs combined with skin Simplify wide.

Any tips how to modify the skin?

Nox71

Portal Member
    May 5, 2005
    I got the same issue with BlackMyst, Aqua and Spinsafe and with BlueTwo everything is fine.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I'm away from homw at the moment so can't look into it myself, but a good place to start would be to look in the blue two folder and check the most recently modified xml files.
    I'm guessing there would be a changed XML that deals with menus or OSD's.
    Once you find it then check for differences in the same XML in the skin you are using.

If you still run into trouble post back and I may be able to give more info...

Nox71

Portal Member
    May 5, 2005
    For my part the problem come from the DialogMenu.xml file, i just put the one from BlueTwo and it's working now. The next step would be to find the difference in the two file to fix the one for Aqua. I think that it should be possible to solve the same issue with other skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom