GUI Freeze - MP still running !! big problem (1 Viewer)

liteglow

Portal Pro
November 13, 2011
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi

First: Yes did many search, but none filled out my problem.
It also seems like there are many "mp freeze" problems out here...

My problem is whenever I use Rocstar, Trakt, online videos, etc... almost everything that have a scroll "list" menu.
When you are in rockstar you get 50 songs, when I start to scroll from 1 and down to 50 GUI freeze at song nr 20-30..
But the music still plays, and I can stop music, start TV etc.. but all in the back.

So what I do is to click "back" many times and then try to click the CLOSE MP button (in blind mode)
Usually I find it..

The same problem happens when I use MP-Series and scroll down all episodes in a show.
Suddenly MP Freeze, but I can still here the clicking from my remote.

You ask for LOG files, but the log files indicate nothing wrong as MP still running behind the Frozen GUI !?

Any one else had this problem ??

I cant continue to use MP if it freeze everytime I use it :mad:

Spec: I have a OK computer with 3ghz dual cpu, 3gb ram, 1tb HDD, I have the same problem on every skin I try (atm I use Black Glass NOVA HD)

liteglow

Portal Pro
November 13, 2011
Home Country
Norway Norway
I still having big big problems :(
MP freeze every day !!!
Every morning when I turn on my TV, MP is frozen and I need to reboot my computer !!!
This also happens sometimes when I see LIVE tv.
It also happens when I browse Rockstar :(

How can I get the LOGS?
I did start MP in debug mode, but when the computer freeze I got no log file on my desktop!??

plz help
Have been using MP for 3-4 weeks now, and it`s very very annoying that I have to reboot every day!
and worst off all is that my GF says that I have to delete this sh***t and get the TV tuner back :-(

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    OK, so MP even freezes in debug? I take it that you choose "Report a Bug to Team MediaPortal" - meaning using no plugins (like RockStar) and default skin (not BlackGlass)?

liteglow

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes it did freeze when trying to load live TV !
    I did not know about the third option in debug mode..
    Will try that one and collect the log files..

my MP is really just a mess... it`s like walking on glass, you never know when it breaks, and when it does you fall all the way down :p

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well, MP is really stable here.
    Guess logs will tell us more, but nice to know more about HW, MP version, OS....

My first guess was that this was related to a plugin, but since still happens in debug w/"Report a Bug to Team MediaPortal"-option, then its either MP itself (faulty/corrupted installation), HW or OS-related (including drivers and codecs).

Lots of shit can go wrong :) MP itself has become very robust in recent time.

liteglow

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    err..

Dont know what just happend..
    I try do change the timeshift seconds, change langue from US to NOR.
    Did some other stuff in sound and OSD settings.

When I start MP now i have 0 channels, 0 EPG info !
    It says "no free card" on every channel errr..

this crap is flying out my window now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom