[confirm] GUI sequencing (?) error (1 Viewer)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Here is a screen capture of text overlaying other text, etc. I have seen such things before, but I captured this one.

Using MP-TVSeries PureVisionHD 1080, so if you think it better, I can post there. But it seemed to me to be some sort of underlying problem with MP itself.

MP was still working, but the extraneous info stayed on the screen using the Back button. It stayed until I returned to Basic Home, which cleared things up.

The only thing unusual I can report is that I had literally picked up the wireless mouse from the arm of the chair, and placed it on the end-table. At that time, it's possible the mouse pointer jumped a long distance -- not sure -- but I did notice the screen react, and this is what I saw.

I have not restarted MP, so if there are log files you could use let me know soon.

Attachments

• Screen Capture.zip
    2 MB
Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Look for an error.log please.
    Else it simply could be a skin issue?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So what makes you think this is a MediaPortal bug and not a PVHD glitch?
    @catavolt any opinions?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looking at that screenshot the green text behind the info window on the right seems to come from the listview overlayed by the info screen.
    This should not happen, and even more should not happen when the action menu is opened.
    That might be a MP bug when moving the mouse very fast over the screen so the skin engine has not sufficient time to change open properties with animations like fading or sliding.
    This happens sometimes, I encountered similiar effects also. No skin issue, but MP skin engine issue, may be related to weak system (GFX card, processor), too ;)

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Just a hunch. I don't know the internals of how .xml files are processed, but their logic depends on being executed instantaneously, which can't really happen. So if a conditional statement is processed with one set of conditions and then another conditional statement is executed after the conditions have changed, then both could evaluate True (or False) but would not actually do so at the same instant. But, on the other hand, this would be so common that it's probably addressed in MP. But maybe mouse position is handled at a higher priority by Windows than however it was addressed in MP, and so would change while the .xml file was executed. By picking up the mouse and setting it down again, the mouse pointer may have moved very rapidly.

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Looking at that screenshot the green text behind the info window on the right seems to come from somewhere but not from the skin - I don´t use green text nowhere. Also the green data displayed - what are they and where do they belong to?
    I may have changed the text color manually -- can't remember. That is the color I see for watched episodes and seasons.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was editing my comment above while you were posting your comments, so please re-read ;)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I was editing my comment above while you were posting your comments, so please re-read ;)
    I noticed! Same line of thought.[DOUBLEPOST=1346421790][/DOUBLEPOST]
    . . .may be related to weak system (GFX card, processor), too ;)

My system is pretty weak, but assuming it is a timing thing, you cannot overcome the problem with just speed. Speed reduces the probability of it happening, but does not eliminate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom