GUI suggestion (1 Viewer)

MungoBBQ

Portal Member
January 21, 2005
I don't know if it's just me, but I find navigating through the lists of files in "My video" difficult sometimes.

Questions:

1. Why does MP always default to the button "View" instead of the first entry in the list of files, whenever you enter "My video"?

2. Why does the selection-bar not remember what video you were playing? Let's say I navigate to episode 14 of some show in a folder, and I play it. I realize it's the wrong episode, and I want to watch episode 15 instead. Now when I press "stop" MP goes back to the right folder, but sets the selection bar back to "View" instead of the file I was just watching.

I am finding myself constantly re-navigating to the list of files instead of the action-menu-buttons. I think it should be the other way around, and you would have to make a concious choice to start messing with View, Sort, Scan, etc...

/M;

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. because the skin says thats the default control
    2. because the skin says thats the default control.

when a screen gets rendered the cursor is set @ the default controll.
    I agree that it would be nice that the cursor will remember what file it was on.
    Thats a feature request and I am sure we will get this in in the future.

MungoBBQ

Portal Member
    January 21, 2005
    That sounds good, I'm hoping for that.

I mean, when you think about what the most common/likely action is, it will be to navigate the files, not to change the view setting.

I'd actually like to see all the menu buttons go away to some sub-menu, maybe only visible when you press the "menu" button. That would also leave a lot more room for the file browser...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom