Guide button on MCE not working after 1.16.0 upgrade (1 Viewer)

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK,

Just upgraded from v14 to v16 of MP and the 'guide' button on my MCE remote (a logitec harmony 300) seems to no longer do anything in MP, but all other buttons seem to be working OK.

Have downloaded HID demo and it confirms that the remote is working and that the PC is receiving the signal. I have 'Enable HID' ticked under the Remotes and inout debices section

Where should I be troubleshooting this @Stéphane Lenclud ?

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Have downloaded HID demo and it confirms that the remote is working and that the PC is receiving the signal.
    Excellent (y)

I have 'Enable HID' ticked under the Remotes and inout debices section
    What values have you selected for the other HID handler options (eg. profile, HID keyboard)?
    Do you have any other handlers (eg. media) enabled? (It's almost always wrong to enable both HID and media.)

Where should I be troubleshooting this
    You could check that the guide button is mapped (click "mapping" in the remotes and input devices -> HID section/tab in MP Config).
    Also, you could enable extended logging (same place) and provide log files.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just upgraded from v14 to v16 of MP and the 'guide' button on my MCE remote (a logitec harmony 300) seems to no longer do anything in MP, but all other buttons seem to be working OK.

At some point the default behaviour of the green button was to toggle between the two homes we have in our skins, not sure what they are called now.
    It's now simply bringing you back to your favourite home instead. So if you are trying it out from the home screen it will look like it's not doing anything.
    It's possible that change was made in MP 1.15.

As explained above you can obviously change the default behaviour and as you are doing so it will create a user profile for you.

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Right...having turned it off this AM, turned back on this PM after work, all is now working??!!!!

Thanks both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom