GUISMSInputControl (1 Viewer)

john_rod

Portal Member
November 24, 2005
Hi Guys

I have been working on a movie database plugin similar to my videos but has a few modificatiions for my setup at home. I have was required to modify the GuiSMSInpuControl.

I have made a public function which allows me to retrieve the text and an event for when a new key has been Entered.

I was going to upload the Changes but wanted to make sure there was no objections first..
John_rod

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In userspeak - what are you proposing for the changes? Maybe it could be a configuration that would exist so either the current method or your proposal will be in the code and selecting an option will allow either to work. Like to learn more first.

Also read here what CoolHammer said about submitting patches.

Mike

john_rod

Portal Member
    November 24, 2005
    Hi Mike

Basically I'm Using The SMSInput Control to do a search.
    When A Key has been preesed then I get The Text in the control and filter a list by it.

All that is needed is a way to get the text after each key and not whenthe enter key is pressed as it currently is.

My solution was to make the function below
    public string Text()
    {
    return m_strData;
    }

as well as a the event below

public delegate void KeyPressedHandler();
    static public event KeyPressedHandler KeyPressed;

the event is raised when the timeout for a key is reached.

This allows you to press a number from 1 -9 multiple times before it raises the event.

As I have said this is currently working on my Enviroment Just thought it would be a useful feature to the control and would also make my plugin easier to intregrate with future releases..

John_rod

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sounds good - If I were you I'd make the change and submit it into SourceForge and then give the Developers a heads-up on IRC as CoolHammer suggested on the other thread.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom