H.222 channels viewable? (1 Viewer)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
can you describe how you've got it setup in dvb viewer?

Settings as follows:-

Frequency: 11427 MHz
Symbolrate: 27500
Stream ID: 2315 (known as Transport ID in TVE3)
Service PID: 10510
Network ID: 59
Polarity: H
FEC: 2/3
Video PID: 3401
Audio PID: 3402
PMT PID: 3400
PCR PID: 3401
Video Type: H.264
Audio Type: AC3

If I remember correctly, the Video PID, Audio PID and Video Type were all entered manually by me after the channel scan had found the stream (labelled as 10510).

I'm far from an expert on the workings of DVB streams etc. and I'm picking things up as I go along but having tried to recreate these settings in TVE3 the key difference appears to be that you can't manually specify the video and audio type in TVE3 in the same way that you can in DVB Viewer. So whilst in DVB viewer you can force it to treat the stream as H.264, TVE3 sees the H.222 stream as audio only or it does not know what to do with the video part of the stream. If TVE3 could be 'persuaded' that we are actually dealing with an H.264 stream I suspect we would be in business.

If anybody can provide a quick and dirty way of tricking TVE3 in to thinking it's H.264, I'd be happy to test the theory! ;)

Hmm, I thought the frequency was 11428?

khemical

Portal Member
November 26, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hmm, I thought the frequency was 11428?

Hmm, interesting. Looking around I see other people mention the frequency as 11428 but my DVB Viewer channel scan picked it up at 11427 and that's what I have it running with. If I manually change it to 11428 it also works!

Just done a fresh channel scan and sure enough if picks it up at 11427 again.

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
Any luck with this yet? I can get dvbviewer to record, but I can't watch anything live using either dvbviewer or mediaportal.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I boubt we will see any progress with this until after MP1 is final.

I have no idea what changes would need to be made to get it working.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    This seems like it could be an easy fix...though I'm saying that not knowing very much about how TVServer handles DVB-S streams.

I'd love to add ITV-HD in MediaPortal...I wonder if any developer could do with some recorded streams from ITV-HD to see if they can get it working in TVServer, perhaps a tickbox in the settings to ignore the PMT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom