Hardware decoder on TV-Board usefull? (1 Viewer)

Ma2xx

Portal Member
March 20, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi community,
i think about to buy one of these TV-card from hauppauge
- PVR-150 (with hardware encoder)
or
-PVR-350 (with hardware encoder and hardware decoder)

My question:
Is the hardware decoder on the TV-card usefull while playing the recorded videos in mediaportal or decode mediaportal always with the software decoder?

Thanks a lot.
Ma2xx

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Country flag
    The decoder is of no use other than using the s-video out function of the board, which you don't wanna do (does not work with MP).

I had the 350, now I have the 150. IMO: Chose the cheapest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

don't worry, if win7 64bit, it will be compatible W10. i have old hauppauge done for win XP :whistle:
    don't worry, if win7 64bit, it will be compatible W10. i have old hauppauge done for win XP :whistle:
    Hi everyone! I found a good deal for a new-in-box (NOS) Hauppage Wintv HVR-5525 TV Tuner card and I'm considering buying it even...
    Replies
    Views
    Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had made some registry changes to attempt to increase the video quality, which ended up not being supported by Kodi. Attached is a screenshot of what my final (working) settings are, just in case anyone else...
    Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had...
    Good morning. Back a few months ago, I replaced my original HTPC with updated hardware. I have a few Hauppauge ATSC tuners I'm...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on which a WinTV-quadHD card is installed. This card worked perfectly before the migration and no hardware change was made (not a single cable disconnected). Since my passage under windows 10 x64, I can't get...
    Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on...
    Hello, Since windows 7 is not supported yet by microsoft, I migrated from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 x64. I have a server on...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
    I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there are severe problems with the plugins at the moment, I can try to analyze causes and find possible solutions. However, this will currently only have low priority, as I am responsible for employees and...
    Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there...
    After many years as a MediaPortal supporter and plugin developer I will now have to say goodbye to my beloved HTPC for personal...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom