underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

Having now taken up Harmony 650 remote to work with Mediaportal and PowerDVD, and followed various information the WIKI (Mediaportal) regarding MCE Remote and changing of settings in Mediaportal, it seems that I cannot start up Mediaportal. So over the weekend I have read many issues/problems with Green Button, Harmony remotes and Mediaportal, but the main issue I am having is that I cannot identify what is 'Green Button' mapped to on Harmony, so therefore I have not succeeded in starting Mediaportal as yet. Harmony 650 Remote do not have a physical 'Green Button' like all MCE remotes has, so I don't know what button that has replaced this for Harmony, also I have downloaded two Microsoft devices from Logitech they are:-

Manufacturer: Microsoft
    Device: MCE Keyboard

and

Manufacturer: Microsoft
    Device: Windows Media Center SE

Looking at the mapping in Logitech to the Harmony remote, I do not see 'Green Button' mentioned anywhere, and whilst there is a mapping for 'Start' this just brings up Windows Start Menu and not Mediaportal.

I have configured Mediaportal as follows:-
    upload_2014-3-3_15-36-13.png

upload_2014-3-3_15-36-59.png

And MPtray is running as seen in the task bar.

The IR receiver is RC6 Compatible and purchased from this site:-
    http://www.cohaus-berlin.de/shop/RC6-Infrared-Receiver/RC6-Infrared-Receiver-Model-IR605Q::30.html

After starting up Mediaportal manually, I am able to use most of the keys to get around Mediaportal and add in some key.

I am aware that there is a community out there using Harmony 650, and maybe you can advise me how it was done, of if I have missed out some step?

Thanks.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm not sure how the config utility looks for that particular model but I mapped the "menu" button on remote to the MCE SE devices button "media". The button "media" is the green button on the MCE remote. Hope you understand what I mean :)

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Mr Viggo,

Thanks for that, I have mapped 'Media to the menu button on the harmony shown as follows:-
    upload_2014-3-3_17-37-26.png

As you now see it greyed out, which means it is mapped to button 'Menu', then I synced as required and test it by pressing 'Menu', still no joy!

Any ideas, as what to do next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom