Harmony One remote not fully working (1 Viewer)

doughzone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2008
    Wa State
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey everyone. I was hoping I could get some help with my remote if at all possible.

I have a harmony one remote set up as a MCE remote. I am running windows vista ultimate. It works well for navigating around MediaPortal, but the Forward, Rewind, Play/Pause, and stop buttons don't work. I can bring up Windows Media Center, and all the buttons work fine. The play button actually brings up Windows Media Player.

I was hoping that if anyone has any suggestions at getting these buttons to work correctly in MediaPortal, they could give me a hand.

Thanks!

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got the same problem (on XP, trust RC-2400 IR receiver and harmony one) and solved it by using eventghost, looks harder then it actually is.
    That did not get all my buttons working though (myvideos, pictures etc still didn't work) and got the remaining buttons to work by using the messageplugin for MP.
    If you can't find it here in the forums or download area I can attach it to this post (the mp plugin)

doughzone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2008
    Wa State
    Home Country
    Thanks for the tips. I will try these things tonight. I will post on weather on or it works for me.

:D

doughzone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 29, 2008
    Wa State
    Home Country
    After posting this yesterday, I kept looking around the forums, and found a few threads that questioned the IR receiver, and weather it was an HID or not. Since my IR receiver is built into my case, with no software installed, I thought it was a good chance that mine was set up as an HID.

I checked my device manager, and as it turns out, my IR receiver is set up as a HID, so I changed MediaPortal to HID in remotes, and it worked like a charm. All my buttons now work.

Barbagallo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    May be I'm a Tuna brain...

After posting this yesterday, I kept looking around the forums, and found a few threads that questioned the IR receiver, and weather it was an HID or not. Since my IR receiver is built into my case, with no software installed, I thought it was a good chance that mine was set up as an HID.

I checked my device manager, and as it turns out, my IR receiver is set up as a HID, so I changed MediaPortal to HID in remotes, and it worked like a charm. All my buttons now work.

May be I'm a Tuna brain...
    but I did not understand your last sentence!

I bought an Harmony ONE and whant to use it to control MP (and other devices connected). I thought I could use the IR receiver of my TV card (Hauppauge NovaT 500 PCI).
    Before attempting to execute a disaster I was trying to understand wich is the best way to do it.

Could you please try to be clearer, for a poor little newcomer?:(

Thank you so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom