Has anyone upgraded from 0.2.3.0 to 1.0 (1 Viewer)

RodB

Portal Member
January 9, 2007
Home Country
The installation guide for 1.0 describes how to restore information from an earlier RCx release, but not from the last official release 0.2.3.0. The installation guide for 1.0 actually says to not use an old database to restore to 1.0 because it will break 1.0.

Has anyone upgraded from 0.2.3.0 to 1.0 and transferred the information relating to recorded TV shows which in 0.2.3.0 is stored in TVDatabaseV21.db3? I have hundreds of recorded TV shows which are listed nicely under "Recorded" with start time, duration and description and I dont want to lose this information when I upgrade from 0.2.3.0 to 1.0.

Any tips would be appreciated.

RodB

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    as I understand it these dont have to be in the databse to be imported. As long as you direct the new install of MP to the recorded shows, you can import them manually.

RodB

Portal Member
    January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for your comments etheesdad.

If you import to 1.0 from the folder containing the recorded TV programs, as I undertsand it, 1.0 will import the file names but not the TV program descriptions etc which were stored in the old TVDatabaseV21.db3 (came originally from the TV Guide when the TV program was recorded in 0.2.3.0) and is what I need to transfer to 1.0.

Any comments welcome.

RodB

Portal Member
    January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    I finally upgraded from MP0.2.3 to 1.0.2.
    My main concern was transferring the Recorded TV part of the database because my wife records lots of TV programs which she doesnt watch and so the Recorded Table had about 750 entries. I exported the Recorded Table from the MP 0.2.3 SQLITE database to a csv file which I manipulated to SQL statements. The SQL file was then imported into MSSQL Express to populate the Recording table in the MP1.0.2 database. Now MP1.0.2 lists all the old recorded TV programs like MP0.2.3 used to do which my wife can now select and watch when she get the time.
    RodB

RodB

Portal Member
    January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    :D
    You can't rush these things. It will probably take me a year to get around to upgrading to 1.1 !!
    Anyway - dont wait for me - just keep up the good work.
    Regards
    RodB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    :D
    You can't rush these things. It will probably take me a year to get around to upgrading to 1.1 !!
    Anyway - dont wait for me - just keep up the good work.
    Regards
    RodB

It took me for few months to update to 1.0.2 from 1.0.0. So no need to be ashamed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom