Has anyone used the stripped down version of XP? (1 Viewer)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I am looking to reinstall XP and then MP. I use my computer totally as and HTPC and nothing else. I am wondering if anyone has used a copy of XP like this one. Phils Xp Pro Sp2 Lite Xtreme Barenaked Version. I would use my own key and the install file is only 116 meg. It's supposed to be super fast because 95% of the stuff is taken out or disabled. I am wondering if anyone has installed this and had any problems with it. I need to do some more research to see what MP needs to make sure I can get it.. or install it. Thoughts?

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    ASiDiE said:
    I am looking to reinstall XP and then MP. I use my computer totally as and HTPC and nothing else. I am wondering if anyone has used a copy of XP like this one. Phils Xp Pro Sp2 Lite Xtreme Barenaked Version. I would use my own key and the install file is only 116 meg. It's supposed to be super fast because 95% of the stuff is taken out or disabled. I am wondering if anyone has installed this and had any problems with it. I need to do some more research to see what MP needs to make sure I can get it.. or install it. Thoughts?

I used NLite (search google) to make a cut down install of windows around the same size as you said above. There should be other posts on the forum about nlite as well. It works like a charm.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I should have done a bit more searching around. Thanks for the reply! I will look into using Nlite and see what I need to make MP and others programs run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom