Has anyone used the stripped down version of XP? (1 Viewer)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I am looking to reinstall XP and then MP. I use my computer totally as and HTPC and nothing else. I am wondering if anyone has used a copy of XP like this one. Phils Xp Pro Sp2 Lite Xtreme Barenaked Version. I would use my own key and the install file is only 116 meg. It's supposed to be super fast because 95% of the stuff is taken out or disabled. I am wondering if anyone has installed this and had any problems with it. I need to do some more research to see what MP needs to make sure I can get it.. or install it. Thoughts?

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    ASiDiE said:
    I am looking to reinstall XP and then MP. I use my computer totally as and HTPC and nothing else. I am wondering if anyone has used a copy of XP like this one. Phils Xp Pro Sp2 Lite Xtreme Barenaked Version. I would use my own key and the install file is only 116 meg. It's supposed to be super fast because 95% of the stuff is taken out or disabled. I am wondering if anyone has installed this and had any problems with it. I need to do some more research to see what MP needs to make sure I can get it.. or install it. Thoughts?

I used NLite (search google) to make a cut down install of windows around the same size as you said above. There should be other posts on the forum about nlite as well. It works like a charm.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I should have done a bit more searching around. Thanks for the reply! I will look into using Nlite and see what I need to make MP and others programs run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I think there's a master table here http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MPEI/extensions.txt with a list of urls to all the plugin sources. Don't know exactly who has rights to change that
    I think there's a master table here http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MPEI/extensions.txt with a list of urls to all the plugin...
    I am attempting a virgin installation and configuration of MP1 v1.26 on a fresh installation on windows 8.1 Pro x64. When i try to...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello guy's please can you try in this order : 1. - try to use official mediainfo tool : https://mediaarea.net/download/binary/mediainfo-gui/20.08/MediaInfo_GUI_20.08_Windows_i386_WithoutInstaller.7z unzip and open how many times for opening ? if fast please test next stuff. 2. (do backup of your db and thumbs folder first)...
    Hello guy's please can you try in this order : 1. - try to use official mediainfo tool ...
    Hi all, Not sure where this should go, as it encompasses a couple of issues, I have been having, for some time, over multiple MP...
    Replies
    Views
    I found the same anyone starting out can very easily get lost in the plugin then patch then ask for help which can be a while coming round about as the are sometimes a few patches that apply to a specific problem and sometimes need to be applied in a specific order for the fix to be successful. Do this for all the plugins you would...
    I found the same anyone starting out can very easily get lost in the plugin then patch then ask for help which can be a while...
    Hi everyone. I am a big fan of MediaPortal. I have been using it for several years now and I hope to do so in the future. I have a...
    Replies
    Views
    After uninstalling MySQL make sure you delete the MySQL folders in Program Files/Program Files (x86) and Program Data (if you do not see the Program Data folder you need to change the view to see hidden folders). A full reinstall of MP should then work
    After uninstalling MySQL make sure you delete the MySQL folders in Program Files/Program Files (x86) and Program Data (if you do...
    Hi I am running MediaPortal 1.2.3.0 as I am used to using it and found a newer version more difficult to use so I prefer not to...
    Replies
    Views
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
    Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
    I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom