Haupaugge Remote didn't run after Hibernate (1 Viewer)

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    Hi,

sometimes I have a problem with my haupaugge 45-button remote. After wakeup the pc from hibernate, the remote didn't run. (see MediaPortal_resume.log).
    Close MP and restart it, but the remote still didn't (See MediaPortal_after_start.log).
    Im using MP 0.2.2.0 with svn round the 17. Jan. 07.
    I found in both log's this lines:

... [Info.][1]: HCWHelper: Starting up
    ... [Info.][1]: HCWHelper: HCWHelper already running - exiting
    ... [Info.][1]: HCWHelper: Shutting down

Someone an idea?

sbp

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Auning
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi, I sometimes have the same problem (also using Hauppauge PVR150 and 45 button remote).

In my situation the problem often can be solved by closing MP and then restarting it.

Therefore I have suggested to include a new option in powerscheduler to restart MP after resuming from standby/hibernate, as I think this would solve the problem. But I don't know if any of the dev. will include this option.

Steen

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    Same problem tonight. After wakeup from hibernate the remote didn't run. After exit MP and look in taskmanager i found no hcwhelper. But after restart MP the remote still didn't run. In the log allways the same:
    ... [Info.][1]: HCWHelper: Starting up
    ... [Info.][1]: HCWHelper: HCWHelper already running - exiting
    ... [Info.][1]: HCWHelper: Shutting down

I Must restart the system to solve the problem.

McChots

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2006
    Johannesburg
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Couldn't this could be solved if MP restarted HCWHelper when it detects a wakeup from hibernation.

I have also noticed that this mostly happens when powersheduler hibernated the system and I have manually woken it up.

McChots

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2006
    Johannesburg
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    On my system I have noticed that this happens mostly when powerscheduler has hibernated the pc and I have manually woken it up.

I'm sure it can be solved if MP can restart HCWHelper when it detects that the computer has woken up.

Edit: Sorry about the double post. I Thought it failed to post. Bloody firefox cache.

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    With Standby (STR) the same problem. I don't know but i think it's so as McChots wrote. If MP go to hibernate or standby and wakeup manually than the hcwhelper have a problem. It's not allways but often enough.
    no one have an idea to solve it?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does this happen in Hibernate as well.

Sometimes it's a speed thing with the drivers. and testing with hibernate versus standby proves it.

thkogel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2006
    germany
    you are right Paranoid Delusion. If using standby and wakeup the remote do not work very often. Using hibernate the remote didn't work sometimes. Is there no may to remove this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom