Hauppage Remote Control Plugin (1 Viewer)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
mfo said:
I've got the Hauppauge Remote which comes with the PVR-150, will your plugin also work with it ?

Tell me how many buttons it has and I'll tell you if or when it's supported. Send a PM, please.

updated: (download thread)

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
benjamintsims said:
...and can I use the remote to start mediaportal?

kurber sent me a solution for this. I don't know why the simplest things don't come to my mind today... :roll:

Look at the irremote.ini file, at the "[Default]" section. The entry for the power button should be:

GRNPOWER={run(c:\progra~1\teamme~1\mediap~1\MediaPortal.exe)}

Maybe you have to adjust the path, depending on where you installed MP.

A

Anonymous

Can I add another request!! The ability to bring mediaportal out of the minimised to systemtray state using the remote please!

Thanks

Ben

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
benjamintsims said:
The ability to bring mediaportal out of the minimised to systemtray state using the remote please!

Hmmm... does this really make sense? The problem is, when MP is not the front most application, it does not receive any events. But that should be the same for the MCE05 remote, so I don't really know what we can do about it. This might change, if I could get my hands on the driver, rather than on the application. But for that I need an SDK from Hauppauge, which I don't have. Maybe someone has a suggestion?

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
There's code for doing this in mediaportal.cs (where the app tries to locate an already running instance) and in my plugin that handles TGB. The source for my plugin is in the SF patches.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Smirnoff said:
The source for my plugin is in the SF patches.

What plugin do you refer to?

The problem is, that for now I don't get ANY events, when MP is not in front. I need an external application for that, or a key to understanding how Hauppauge is dealing with the IR drivers...

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I think you had the code in mind to restore the window? That's no problem at all. The problem is that my plugin can't get remote events, if not in foreground.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
You are correct, I was pointing you at code to restore the window and force it into being the foreground app. You can deal with how to get input from the Hauppauge remote when MP isn't the foreground window on your own ;).

P

pct burn

If MP would stay in the taskbar you could get it with ALT-TAB. But if it's only in the tray I have no clue how to get an app restored again.

I haven't figured out how "Special Macro Table for Task Switch Mode" in irremote.ini works. Maybe you can change sth in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom