Hauppauge Colossus blastcfg.exe went crazy yesterday (1 Viewer)

sdlitvin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've got the Hauppauge Colossus card on my Windows 7 computer, taking from a DirecTV set-top box.

Months ago, I had set up blastcfg.exe successfully to blast MediaPortal channel changes to the set-top box via Hauppauge's IR blaster. Everything worked well--until yesterday.
    Until yesterday.

Yesterday, I tried to watch TV programs, but I soon noticed that Hauppauge was not sending the right IR codes to the set-top box anymore. (This has nothing to do with MP, because Windows Media Center and WinTV 7 were having the same problem.)

Sure enough, somehow blastcfg.exe had redefined most of its IR codes to some other codes, even though I hadn't used any of these applications for several days. I had to go back into blastcfg.exe and redefine the IR codes all over again.

I also have a separate application, IRCommand2, which I taught to blast the IR codes for such things as putting up the DirecTV Program Guide, listing the programs recorded on the DirecTV DVR, etc. Those IR codes, blastcfg.exe had screwed up too. I had to go into blastcfg.exe and redefine those too.

Anybody encountered anything like that with blastcfg? I know that some folks have had trouble getting blastcfg to blast IR codes. But I had already done that, and somehow yesterday blastcfg.exe forgot everything I had taught it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom