Hauppauge HD-PVR2 Model 145210 Not Detected? (1 Viewer)

SteveC-MM

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Hello all. Fresh install of MP, my external USB Hauppauge device is not being detected. The built-in Arcsoft bits and drivers and etc all allow watching TV (passthrough, no channel changing) just fine. But MP TV Server application is not showing this as an option.

What am I missing? Should I skip TV server and just use MP (client) directly?

I am using Win7 Enterprise.

Thanks.

SteveC-MM

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Trying to figure out how to disable AcrSoft.

Also, when poking around, I deleted the default IPTv card, uninstalled MP, rebooted, re-installed, and the default card us not there and my PVR-2 is still not detected.

How to I clear the DB and for TV Server to re-poll and try to detect everything?

Thanks.

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Trying to figure out how to disable AcrSoft.

Also, when poking around, I deleted the default IPTv card, uninstalled MP, rebooted, re-installed, and the default card us not there and my PVR-2 is still not detected.

How to I clear the DB and for TV Server to re-poll and try to detect everything?

Thanks.

"You can control the number of DVB-IP tuners that are available using the "number of IPTV cards" setting."
Setting this to 1 card should get the default IPTV card back.
See here under Virtual Tuners: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...uration/TV-Server_Configuration/02_TV_Servers

When you restart your computer TV server should pick up any changes in cards or "re-poll".

Try setting the delay on the TV server start up to a minute or two (The setting is in seconds) as maybe TV server is not seeing the card because it has not initialized before TV server has started.
See here under Application Tab: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/06_General

Last edited:

SteveC-MM

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
OK, could not see how to "disable arcsoft", so instead I uninstalled it and rebooted. Still TV Server does not detect that the device is there. It is showing up as a USB-connected device in my Windows 7 devices listing. But TV server is not showing it at all. I did successfully re-add the IPTV device, thanks for that tip. But the fact that the Hauppauge PVR2 is not visible for MediaPortal is baffling.

I am not sure that I fully understand the need for TV server since I just want a "TV passthrough", I want to view the content without channels or EPG or anything else; just a menu selection to view the input from the TV device, no frills.

SteveC-MM

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Thanks, turning my attention to Argus TV and also that thread you mentioned. Thanks some more!

SteveC-MM

Portal Member
November 21, 2006
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
For what it's worth, Argus did not detect my hardware either. Something is just not right...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom