Hauppauge MediaMVP FrontEnd? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Is there or are there plans to incorporate a front end for the Hauppauge MediaMVP into this project? Having watched the development of MP for some time (and being a Sage user...) I have wondered if this would be a viable project for someone to start.

-Jason

A

Anonymous

I was just about to ask the same so I'll add this as a reply to show just how popular a feature this would be! :)

(They're currently selling for just £20 at PCWorld in the UK so there are going to be quite a few of them about with owners looking for front-end software)

A

Anonymous

Yes, support for any of the media players out there now would be great. The Hauppage MVP seems to be the more inexpensive, so it would be a great start.

Email me if you want some help getting a donated unit still...

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

frodo said:
so... who is the first one to donate an MVP to the devs?

without one, we cannot support it
hehe

Frodo

Did anyone ever donate an MVP? Is any work being done to support the MVP as a frontend?

A

Anonymous

very cool, i would donate some money (20 bux)so frodo can get one and figure out how to use mp for the frontend. 4 or 5 peeps can donate 20 bux and frodo can buy one!

loooks cool, not sure why only gb-pvr works with it though...the article doesnt say how he configured gb-pvr to work with it, and can u use ur pc while it is playing files through gb-pvr on the mvp?

A

Anonymous

MVP Support

As Ask by many " where the MVP support?" i dont think they are going to work on it. I mean everyone has probably envisioned Mediaportal running in every room of your house ( without a pc in every room) they(the programmers) dont see it that way. Sagtv has it, GBpvr has it , Beyondtv 3. 5 has it, but no mediaportal....Pity! The quality of one of these little things is great for the price. I mean really im no programmer but changing a few XML docs and rewriting or borrowing the code cant be that hard for these guys. Gbpvr wrote the whole thing from the ground up and it rocks. i dont mean to put pressure on the Mediaportal guys but they can aleast give us a clue if they have considered the idea. I rely on the MVP due to the fact that my computer is in another room . Perhaps we should create a petition?

A

Anonymous

I would LOVE to see something like this. It makes sense to have some think clients on the network like these. Hell, even if they were to OEM their own version of a client and sell it to generate some revenues, I'd buy 3 or 4!

Hopefully MP is headed down this road...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom