Hauppauge MediaMVP - skins, tips and resources. (1 Viewer)

tipstir

Portal Pro
May 5, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I didn't get your answer. For me i dont care what the skin looks like just as long as i can play my moive and tv shows

Watch this video..
YouTube - MediaMVP - Blue ORG VMCE v5.00 Demo

Your answer is yes.. It does play your movie and tv shows.. Just have to tell it what folders you want to add. It also plays internet radio stations, web cams, animated weather maps an etc..

More here at the UK MediMVP Forum
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=58

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MediaMVP is totally unrelated to MediaPortal, tipstir just thinks it's a cool place to get free hosting...

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i just dont understand the point of mediamvp.

can tipstir explain it?

cause i see mp with much more features, really stable, huge community, skins, plugins, looooong etc... so whats the point of mediamvp.

plus half of the time i dont understand your answers to people that ask you questions, and my english is far from being perfect but I think I am not that bad.

no offense.

tipstir

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Can I watch live TV with MediaMVP? Can use it as an extender the same way I can use an XBOX360 for WMC?

Yes live TV can be done, there is a way to do it. If you require such features. Network media box works like extender but requires the PC to act as the media server.

MediaMVP is totally unrelated to MediaPortal, tipstir just thinks it's a cool place to get free hosting...

No just sharing themes for members here. Host files are on Hauppauge servers. I just share for free no cost everything is 100% freeware like always.

You can have MP themes in MVP now just use the media mvp customize. Next release will have template builds you just choose like MP default skin thme and then that would turn media mvp into that them. Or any of the other PVR software out there too. I decided to cover everything that's available. So skies the limit..

i just dont understand the point of mediamvp.

can tipstir explain it?

cause i see mp with much more features, really stable, huge community, skins, plugins, looooong etc... so whats the point of mediamvp.

plus half of the time i dont understand your answers to people that ask you questions, and my english is far from being perfect but I think I am not that bad.

no offense.

Yes your right it is the MP but that's just for the PC unless something has changed. I've been away doing other things. Notice that MediaMVP thread is not here. As for the MediaMVP has been around for many years not it's just a network media player.

When you record in your MP to a file folder you want that media on your PC connected to HDTV. Okay this is cool also. But why only be limited to that TV why not have on every TV. I don't know how you all live and what you got going on. But here I have a TV in every part of the house. Some places a PC just can't be used unless it's a wireless N laptop running media software. But where a desktop would be better to run MP, sometimes you can't have it everywhere.

Here comes the Media MVP. Originally this was design for playing back MPEG2 video watching picture slide show, listening to MP3 music and internet radio from shout cast. That's about it. Over the years I've taken it one step a head. Now you have all of that plus weather, cams, logo and your own quick shots. Still lot more can be done but time is limited now.

Well today the MVP can play AVI (KVCD, DivX and Xivd) and MPEG2. All I do is record and playback the shows and movies onto the MVP anyway in the house. I can take it on the road also like I did here in hotel suite. Brought my own movies and tv shows to watch in the hotel, why pay for those services when you can do it yourself. If you run MP on your laptop then you can send the stuff to MVP client using H-Media Server.

Laptop + SDHC Read/Write device can be use with Media MVP to play music/videos
    341901754.jpg

Switched 5-port 10/100 switch
    341901750.jpg

HDTV
    341901757.jpg

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Can I watch live TV with MediaMVP? Can use it as an extender the same way I can use an XBOX360 for WMC?

Yes live TV can be done, there is a way to do it. If you require such features. Network media box works like extender but requires the PC to act as the media server.

What is Network Media Box? I already have a couple of Networked DVD DNLA players (IO-Data Avel Linkplayer) which allows me to watch .ts, .avi, .vob etc. It would be super if I can get to watch live TV from MP using these players as extenders.

How can watch Live TV, Change Channels, Schedule Recording, View and Search TV Guide etc using MediaMVP? If these cannot be done then it is no better than my existing Networked DVD players.

I understand that there is a MediaMVP client for GB-PVR. Does something similar exist for MediaMVP?

tipstir

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2007
    Home Country

What is Network Media Box? I already have a couple of Networked DVD DNLA players (IO-Data Avel Linkplayer) which allows me to watch .ts, .avi, .vob etc. It would be super if I can get to watch live TV from MP using these players as extenders.

How can watch Live TV, Change Channels, Schedule Recording, View and Search TV Guide etc using MediaMVP? If these cannot be done then it is no better than my existing Networked DVD players.

I understand that there is a MediaMVP client for GB-PVR. Does something similar exist for MediaMVP?

Yes that free PVR does that but after 3 years of using it I found it to be trouble prone. Another one is SageTV has MediaMVP Client software. That works so well but costly to buy licenses for each MediaMVP. Then there is Hauppauge software server out of the box can schedule and you can watch live TV, but the way the Live TV is done on both PVR is it's saved to the HDD first like a DVR does. So you can FF/RR Pause Live TV. Hauppuage has free TV server WinTV 7 and that with MVP can give you Live TV. Again I just download and record media on MVP. So I don't have to run up my electric bill having 7 PCs for 7 HDTVs in the house.

The MVP is an extension to the internet for me.. I can watch my local traffic cams on the highway look at animated and till weather maps or daily forecast. If you have party over your home or pad you can use the MVP as your music DJ host so there would be no need to have someone real do it. Pretty cool feature

sbherculano

January 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    MP client for MVP

Dear All,

Is there any plan to develop a MediaPortal client for MediaMVP?

:D.

Regards

Sérgio

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    What would really interest me is an extender for MediaPortal. May be we should conduct a poll on that topic!

sbherculano

January 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Extender for MediaPortal

I agree with this for me would be great to have an extender option in mediaportal.
    I am using SageTV more than 1 year with extender and it's really very nice, small box without any noise with high flexibility. Mediaportal has a better interface comparing with SageTV for this reason I installed MP in my HTPC and I'm motivated to move to it. If we have an extender option it would be perfect.
    The suggestion to open a pool for that is really great let's do it !!! :)

Regards

Sérgio Herculano

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom