blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi guys

I wonder if you can help me? I have used MediaPortal for years with my faithful Microsoft RC6 remote control with no issues. It has been fantastic. Sadly, yesterday my son decided to see if it could float... the rest, they say, is history...

I had a spare remote that came with my Hauppauge HVR-2200 DVB-T card which looks pretty good, but nothing I seem to do will make this remote work. I have attached a photo of the remote and the USB receiver for reference.

The steps I have taken so far are:

Install IR32.exe from the original installation disc (noted the remote icon in the system tray)
    Changed MP Config -> Remote -> Hauppauge -> use Hauppauge remote

But so far, no go.

When I press the buttons on the remote I can see a red LED light on the receiver.
    Looking in Hardware Manager, I see that the remote receiver drivers have installed successfully.

Can anybody else suggest anything else to try?

photo.JPG

Last edited:

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm not a 100% sure on this, but I think there are 2 types of hauppauge remotes.
    One has a receiver that plugs into the card itself and for that you use the hauppauge remote settings in MPConfig.
    The other has a USB receiver (this is the one I'm not familar with) and that is an MCE compatible remote so you should check Microsoft MCE as your remote in MPconfig (I think;)).
    Hope I'm remembering this correctly.:)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't install anything (No Drivers, No IRSS, No Hauppague stuff), use windows default drivers that auto install, use default MP settings under remtoes and only click the use microsoft MCE remote or keyboard.

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, thanks for the help.

I think you are right as I tried the following steps (without success):

Plugged in Microsoft RC6 received and used old cruddy RC6 remote - Test OK
    Try Hauppauge remote with and without IR32.exe on old RC6 receiver - FAIL
    Unplug old RC6 receiver and plug in Hauppauge receiver. Try old RC6 remote - Test OK
    Try Hauppauge remote with Hauppauge receiver with and without IR32.exe - FAIL

All of the above was done with Microsoft MCE remote ticked in MPconfig.

Very strange, I wonder if anybody else has gotten this style of Hauppauge remote working?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i'm sure you have already tried but, you could try above but use the hauppague settings in mp config.

there is also some software called lmremote (I use it on my htpc) that is really useful and I think it supports hauppague gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom