Hauppauge WinTV 2255 No Analog (1 Viewer)

C Clark

August 15, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a WinTV HVR 2255 card installed in my computer and wanted to try MediaPortal, but I constantly get the Graph Building error when trying to scan for analog channels. Everything I've seen indicates that this is because I do not have a software MPG encoder installed, but this should be unnecessary as the 2255 (like the 2250) use hardware encoders built into the board.

I just installed MediaPortal 2 (1.11.0.0 according to the Server config window) on Windows 10 and since first starting this process a few days ago have entirely removed all software and drivers related to Hauppauge (including the WinTV application and all drivers), disabled Windows' new automatic driver installation, removed the Windows Update installed drivers (including checking the "Remove driver software" box), such that I got the system back to the point at which it would only recognize the card as an unknown "Multimedia Device", and subsequently installed only the most recent Hauppauge drivers (not the WinTV) - 7.9.1.33006 dated 1/6/2015, downloaded directly from Hauppauge's website.

However, despite all of this, I am unable to scan for analog channels. What other information do you require? Let me know and I'll get it for you. (I am adept at screenshotting, by the way, no need for instructions there, just tell me what to get you)

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

This is a known issue with MediaPortal 2.
    Are you aware that MediaPortal 2 is a work in progress?
    Most people are using MediaPortal 1. With MediaPortal 1, your tuner should just work.

Regards,
    mm

C Clark

August 15, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well don't I feel like a dip now... When I downloaded it I looked right past the initial download link for 1 and saw the crossed out link for the 1 Dev release, not realizing it was for the dev release, and figured 2 was the only one available.... I'll try 1 and see what happens. Sorry for the interruption!

osksa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm interested in the analog TV quality you get from the WinTV HVR 2255. I have PAL TV here, so I'm not sure how much applies, but probably its applicable. Can you just say how you experience the analog TV image compared to other cards you have or have had, and perhaps viewing TV directly without computer? Thnx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom