HCWHelper small patch how to proceed .. (1 Viewer)

gljubojevic

Portal Member
September 25, 2006
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hi !

I have created small patch for HCW helper to support 21 button hauppauge remote. I was browsing tying to find how to include this patch into current version on svn, without success.

I have included zip containing modified files and remote picuture, and also remote picture separately.

I hope I didn't broke any forum or development rules, If I did I'm realy sorry please point me in right direction.

Thanks, keep up the good work !

Goran Ljubojevic

gljubojevic

Portal Member
September 25, 2006
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Thanks,

I'm going to try to add patch :)

Can you please explain to me what happends after I submit patch ?
I presume someone from dev team will review it and add it to source ?

Anyway I was instaling old analog tv card to my sister's computer when I found out that remote is not working so I decided to track down problem,
Since it was easy I did it :)

Thanks once again,

Goran Ljubojevic

gljubojevic

Portal Member
September 25, 2006
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
HCWHelper, patch added...

I have managed to add patch to sourceforge.

I hope it will be included in source soon.

Thanks,
Goran Ljubojevic

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
That has been (almost identical) in MP long time ago already. I removed it cause nobody was using it. (Not a single complaint after removal!) I still believe that this remote just doesn't have enough buttons for controlling MP. Investing some money for e.g. the MCE remote is definately worth it. You'd never wanna go back to this (not even half of the standard) heavily reduced 21-button Hauppauge remote then. ;)

Anyway, supporting it doesn't really harm, so I added support for the 21-button remote again, using your mappings. Enjoy! (But don't complain... :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom