[NVIDIA] HD audio Passthrough (1 Viewer)

FlexQ

Portal Pro
July 20, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Oy Mates

I have the past few days been trying to find out what my next new mediacentre gfx should be.

Currently my setup is as follows:

amd 64x2 3800+
2 gb ddr2.
gf7200GS

it plays 720p fine without any problems, but it has some (quite alot) difficulties with 1080p (surprise?).

That is why i want to upgrade, but at the same time i want to secure it for the future - so which nvidia gfx's has hd audio passthrough ?

I have failed to get the information myself, it just doesent show up any of the places that i have been searching.

Hope you can help

Henrik

jackpenno

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
Home Country
As far as I know, none of the current Nvidia cards support bitstreaming of HD audio formats (ie TruHD), which is the advantage of the current ATI cards (5xxx). Both cards however can decode to 8 channel LPCM, which is lossless and theoretically the exact same quality. The difference lies in whether the computer decodes or your receiver does. For a good breakdown of current cards and their capabilities check:

Missing Remote

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Yes I think it's best to test with TVE3.5 the different combinations. The MTD and MCD modes are handled differently, so we have an option more to evaluate
Yes I think it's best to test with TVE3.5 the different combinations. The MTD and MCD modes are handled differently, so we have an...
Hi, i wrote this problem already in the german section, but the problem could not be solved until now. @morpheus_xx tryed it with...
Replies
Views
During the entire last 10+ years using MP with an Hauppauge HVR-2250 tuner, I've never had any problem at all recording any 2 clear QAM channels simultaneously -- until last July. Last July, my cable company decided to 'reorganize' their channels. This included, for the first time, placing two HD channels in the same frequency band at...
During the entire last 10+ years using MP with an Hauppauge HVR-2250 tuner, I've never had any problem at all recording any 2 clear...
During the entire last 10+ years using MP with an Hauppauge HVR-2250 tuner, I've never had any problem at all recording any 2 clear...
Replies
Views
Hi technoweary Don't get me wrong the MP AR is the recommended renderer for everything except TV and normally works very well but in my case I ran into a problem with it when using the Skype plugin, the connection to the audio device (my AVR) was lost but worked fine when I set it for the Direct Sound device. I do need to investigate...
Hi technoweary Don't get me wrong the MP AR is the recommended renderer for everything except TV and normally works very well but...
Hi, My MP1 ver 1.15 system is on it's knees and I have spent the past few months trying to get a new Media Portal system up and...
Replies
Views
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
Replies
Views
RESOLVED - Turns out that anything with an Intel chip since about 2009 has what seems to be an OS subsytem called Intel Management Engine. This led me to update my BIOS and hey presto my recordings are now working without video breakup. The last Intel ME update was around April, and that's about the time I first noticed issues...
RESOLVED - Turns out that anything with an Intel chip since about 2009 has what seems to be an OS subsytem called Intel Management...
Hi Guys I have discussed this issue before but I never got to the bottom of it. Entirely my fault as I wanted to test more, to try...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom