HD/Bluray Plugin for MP (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
id like to buy an internal bluray player for my htpc fairly soon, but dont want to waste my money yet before there is a solution to watching bluray discs in MP.

is there a plugin in the pipeline, or is it only possible to use external players for now?

one last thing, does anyone know what file structure bluray ripping software puts the movies in, as im wondering whether id be able to use myvideos/myfilms/moving pictures in mediaportal for watching HD content if the bluray film has the DVD style VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS file structure.

thanks for any help :)

Gary

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    The only easy/fully working solution is to use an external player. However once can be setup to integrate nicely, and only require a remote to function.

Blu-Rays need more than just a codec to work, the external applications are thus needed for decoding and other stuff :)

I personally use the HD Starter/PowerDVD plugin and it works really well. Can enter and exit the program using just my Harmony remote.

wojciech_ste

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Vienna/Austria
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi,
    If you buy Blu-ray player today the external software player eg. Cyberling etc is very often already in set. So you can play your Blu-ray disc without any additional costs, in MP you can use 2 plug-ins ( Blu-Ray / HD-DVD Player with PowerDVD and *exe plug-in)
    In the version 1.01 (I think will come in February) the blue-ray player should be native included, look at MediaPortal - Roadmap 1.01.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    In the version 1.01 (I think will come in February) the blue-ray player should be native included, look at MediaPortal - Roadmap 1.01.

No, it won't. Only autoplay event is added that will be sent so when user inserts blu-ray / HD DVD disk some 3rd party plugin can be used to start the actualy playback (and thats up to the plugin itself how its playing the disk, most likely by starting some commercial player...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom