HD for Aeon? (1 Viewer)

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
hey guys,
I know there is a tool for adding to the menu in the aeon skin but i just cant get my head around it so i wanted to know is there a way to add a menu item that will launch the hd starter plugin so that when i insert a hd dvd or blu ray i can just click on that, oh and if you can do it using the meun generator tool then i 'm sorry for being stupid but can anyone explain how because i could find a window for this plugin... i'm still new at mediaportal so dont flame me lol...

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I did the exact same thing with the Aeon menu generator tool. You can have it load your existing basichome.xml menu file, then add in an "HD" button and have the tool generate a new basichome.xml. You then have to do some manual steps:
- Make sure the HD_starter plugin is set to appear in "home" and not in "plugins" under the Mediaportal configuration -> plugins
- Open the configuration for the HD_starter plugin and note down the plugin ID. This is usually a 4-digit number.
- Now browse to your Aeon skin folder and open up basichome.xml in Notepad or some other text editor. Do a search for the new button name you created, for example I call it "BD HD-DVD". Find the button for that, and look for the <hyperlink> XML element. Put the 4-digit number you noted down earlier from the HD_starter plugin configuration in basichome.xml as the hyperlink for your new button.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom