HD space (1 Viewer)

ddragas

Portal Member
May 9, 2006
Hi all

I've god HDD 160 GB, and in MP Configuration application, I setup that all TV recordings goes on partition that has over 90 GB free space, but Configuration application always turns back TV recordings on partition C thas only 3 GB free.

How to make it to record TV on partition indexed like drive D (larger one)

One more thing. Is there a way to show in MP how many time of recording is available depending on HDD space?

Than you and regards

ddragas

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
My Status can show you how much space is left on your hard drives, but currently I don't think there is a way to see how much time is left. This is because bitrates vary over SD and HD channels, and on different capture cards, etc, so it is hard or impossible to really calculate the time remaining except in simple cases.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I am hoping in the future, MP will be able to give you average values bases off of the Time of the show and the size of the file it creates. It should also check to see if you are recording with a Analog card or a HD card. With these values we should be able to come up with a rough estimate of how much recording time for analog or HD content we have left on the drive.

Maybe even something like this: Each card would have 3 settings for recording your shows. (low, Med, High). MP would record 5 minutes on each setting (Low, Med, High) and then do some calculations to figure out required space for each setting. So the medium setting you would get a file size of around 200MB X 5 = 1.2 GB. So your average 30 Minute Show on medium quality would be 1.2 GB. You could figure out both cards (analog, Digital) all within under of 30 minutes of recording that would be done at night. You could then go back to recorded shows and get avarages on these values to further make it a little more accurate.

I wish I could code... cause I would add a feature like this.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I think a simple learning algorithm would work fine. It would be like the "Range:" estimate in new vehicles, that tells you how many kilometres you can drive based on how much petrol is in the tank. Perhaps take the sum of sizes of the last 20 recordings or so and divide by the duration to get a measure of average bitrate, then show a time remaining based on that.

ddragas

Portal Member
    May 9, 2006
    One more thing

Why is it when I record for 5 min from TechniSat SkyStar 2 file is bigger then other recorder also for 5 min from Leadtek WinFast DTV 1000T ??

Signal is digital from both cards. Shouldnt file size be same?

Talking about diference bigger than 300 MB

luksmann

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2005
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    same goes for me too.
    if i record a encrypted channel the recording is twice as big
    as on non-encrypted channels...

somebody has an idea why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom